Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coil Weights?
Posted by: seahunter34
Date: December 07, 2011 06:43PM
I've been researching coil weights and get different numbers. Does anybody know weight in ounces of the following Explorer coils without coil covers? Numbers without the coil covers would give the true weight of the coils.

SR X-12
12X10 SEF
ML Pro Coil

Re: Coil Weights?
Posted by: stasys
Date: December 08, 2011 10:29AM
pro coil lightest.

Posted by: DaugBiscuit
Date: December 17, 2011 08:17AM
I don't know what the official specs are but I just weighed the ML Pro coil on a set of calibrated food/salad scales and it weighed 17.80 oz. that

CTX-3030, SE Pro, ProPointer

Posted by: seahunter34
Date: December 17, 2011 12:10PM
I just traded for a Pro Coil and with coil cover on my electronic postal scale it weighs 19 oz. The recently new NEL 12.5X8.5 FBS DD is said to weigh just over 17 oz with cover! If so,that may be the largest/lightest coil for the Explorer?

Posted by: DaugBiscuit
Date: December 17, 2011 12:27PM
Yep, I just weighed the Pro Coil again with the cover attached and it weighs 18.95 oz. If the specs on the NEL 12.5X8.5 FBS DD coil are accurate, it just might be the largest/lightest coil for the Explorer on the market today; that's interesting, bigger but lighter. I'm wondering what they cut back to make a larger coil lighter. If they cut back on the epoxy which seals the unit, I think I'd rather have the extra two ounces. :huh:

CTX-3030, SE Pro, ProPointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login