Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
SE stock coil Question
Posted by: Ted S
Date: May 11, 2017 11:25AM
In May of 2013 I bought a nice used Explorer SE. I haven't hunted much due to a serious health issue that almost took my life. I have been metal detecting off and on since 1977. I only can get out for an hour or two at a time and have found a good amount of clad in the parks with the SE. Most of my good spots are in fields and I wonder if my time would be spent better with a larger coil such as the 10x12 SEF. There seems to be pretty good reviews on the SEF and I would like to optimize my time. Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!! Ted

Re: SE stock coil Question
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 11, 2017 02:25PM
I just received my Tornado coil today. It's NL-FBS-04 NEL 12" x 13" DD Tornado Coil - Minelab FBS for Explorer SE. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 11, 2017 03:58PM
Tony N (Michigan)
I just received my Tornado coil today. It's NL-FBS-04 NEL 12" x 13" DD Tornado Coil - Minelab FBS for Explorer SE. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Please let us know how you like it Tony, I will use my Ultimate this weekend hopefully.

Posted by: Ted S
Date: May 12, 2017 06:29AM
Yes....Please let us know how you like it!

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 12, 2017 01:10PM
Last night I tried it but, as usual, didn't read the directions. It falsed a lot. This morning I found the directions in the box the coil came in.
They said to turn down the Sensitivity to half THEN Ground Balance. Then AFTER Ground Balancing turn up the Sens to a good level. Bingo! Nice and quiet detecting.
Now I have to see if I can find anything good with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login