Welcome! Log In Register
Ferrous vs Conductive
Posted by: McDave
Date: May 14, 2017 07:04AM
Which one do you use .. and why ?:usaflag:

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2017 07:05AM by McDave.

Re: Ferrous vs Conductive
Date: May 16, 2017 09:14PM
Hmm .. guess we've had this discussion before.. haha !

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 17, 2017 06:30PM
I use the ferrous mode because I feel like there is less falsing since the iron should always produce a low tone and high conductive targets should produce high tones. This is not always the case but I feel I get a little less falsing. I have just gotten used it is all.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: May 17, 2017 10:12PM
I use both. I switch around a lot and try different settings. I love my Exp II and am a true coin shooter. I probably use conductive more but there are times that ferous wins out.

BigTony

Date: May 28, 2017 09:51PM
Thanks guys . . I've always used Conductive, it seems to work well for me. I like to experiment also, but it's more of switching back and forth between manual and semi-auto sensitivity. I'm going to try my next hunt in Ferrous just to see if I will like it better.

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: May 29, 2017 04:49PM
Ferrous is supposed to be used around iron debris such as nails and small bits...Conductive is said to be better around parks with pulltabs and shredded aluminum cans...
That being said, I've always run Ferrous everywhere for the reasons SE said above...

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 31, 2017 08:33AM
IDXMonster
Ferrous is supposed to be used around iron debris such as nails and small bits...Conductive is said to be better around parks with pulltabs and shredded aluminum cans...
That being said, I've always run Ferrous everywhere for the reasons SE said above...

Thanks IDX HH!

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 04, 2017 09:45PM
Explorer.se
I use the ferrous mode because I feel like there is less falsing since the iron should always produce a low tone and high conductive targets should produce high tones. This is not always the case but I feel I get a little less falsing. I have just gotten used it is all.

I always detect in ferrous mode too. I like to hear that deep iron sound and then the high pitched conductive tones in the midst of the iron.
It seems to mess me up when I'm hearing millions of high pitched tones in conductive mode and listening for that one low tone in conductive tone. But each to their own.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login