Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lithium-Ion battery pack for Minelab Explorers
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: May 16, 2017 04:07AM
Got this bad boy for my Explorer detectors. Takes 2 hours to charge from a complete discharge. I've used it for 5 or so hours now and
the battery indicator on the Explorer has not moved at all! It's supposed to last 30 hours before needing re-charged!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 04:08AM by Tony N (Michigan).

Re: Lithium-Ion battery pack for Minelab Explorers
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 16, 2017 09:23AM
Wow that is a great source of power! I have heard great things about it. Where did you buy yours Tony?

Date: May 16, 2017 10:30AM
Explorer.se
Wow that is a great source of power! I have heard great things about it. Where did you buy yours Tony?

I got mine on Amazon.

RnB Innovations ML-3100 Lithium-ion Battery for Minelab FBS Metal Detectors

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 16, 2017 10:48AM
awesome I might need to get one as well. thanks!

RNB for Minelab Explorers
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: May 16, 2017 05:27PM
. . . . . . . powered by RNB :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: May 17, 2017 04:21AM
One of the biggest complaints about the e-series has always been the battery life. The RNB takes that situation and turns it COMPLETELY around. It is straight up UNREAL as far as run time goes! Glad you like it Tony, you and whoever else has bought them! Quality battery with a quality charger for the price you'd expect to pay for something of this caliber. LOVE my 3100...

Re: RNB for Minelab Explorers
Date: May 18, 2017 10:43AM
I don't quite get it. Are your initials RNB? :biggrin:

Date: May 18, 2017 04:15PM
IDXMonster
One of the biggest complaints about the e-series has always been the battery life. The RNB takes that situation and turns it COMPLETELY around. It is straight up UNREAL as far as run time goes! Glad you like it Tony, you and whoever else has bought them! Quality battery with a quality charger for the price you'd expect to pay for something of this caliber. LOVE my 3100...

Are you a seller of them?

The other really great thing about this battery pack is no more lugging around 16 rechargeables to put into my two re-fillable battery holders for the Explorer and spending HOURS and HOURS
recharging the little boogers.

I remember going detecting to a park and forgetting to recharge my rechargeables. Luckily I have my recharger with me. But I could only charge 4 at a time. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time
at the McDonalds that day waiting and waiting and waiting.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: May 19, 2017 09:22PM
Tony N (Michigan)
IDXMonster

The other really great thing about this battery pack is no more lugging around 16 rechargeables to put into my two re-fillable battery holders for the Explorer and spending HOURS and HOURS

I remember going detecting to a park and forgetting to recharge my rechargeables. Luckily I have my recharger with me. But I could only charge 4 at a time. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time

No I'm not a dealer, just a user. That same sentence has gotten a lot of people out of trouble in the past...:crazy:

Lithium-Ion battery pack weighs less than NiMH pack
Date: May 20, 2017 06:42AM
IDXMonster
Tony N (Michigan)
IDXMonster

No I'm not a dealer, just a user. That same sentence has gotten a lot of people out of trouble in the past...:crazy:

You are funny!
By the way, the Lithium-ion battery is lighter than the NiMH.
I just weighed both on my postal scale.
Lithium = 6.5 ounces
NiMH = 8.8 ounces

A weight reduction of 2.3 ounces.

I use one- they're awesome!N/T
Posted by: JeffInMass
Date: May 21, 2017 09:28AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Yes it is awesome! And you know when it's charged! :-)N/T
Date: May 22, 2017 11:51AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: May 25, 2017 01:35PM
I have 2 of them . The earlier 2900 which lasts over 30 hours and the 3100 which lasts even longer . My Explorer's and E.Trac will never need new batteries ever . They might as well be Nuclear powered .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: May 26, 2017 11:25AM
Nuke em
I have 2 of them . The earlier 2900 which lasts over 30 hours and the 3100 which lasts even longer . My Explorer's and E.Trac will never need new batteries ever . They might as well be Nuclear powered .

Or as former president George Bush called it: "Nuculer."

Yea, they are that good. I got the 3100. Battery meter still hasn't moved.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: May 26, 2017 04:58PM
I charge mine up every 5 or 6 searches .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login