Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
What kind of depth you getting on coins with the Impact?
Posted by: earthmansurfer
Date: April 25, 2017 04:07AM
Hey guys,

I'm curious what kind of depth you Impact guys are getting. I'm a coin hunter (in Germany) and my ground has some iron flakes / mineralization in it. The E-Trac/CTX got max 9" or so in my ground, Omega 8000 around 8"+ and the AKA Signum got 10" or so. Just stating that for guys who have used them as well as the impact and to help understand my ground. Deeper coins on the E-Trac and Signum had bouncy VID numbers - I was told that was due to the iron flakes. Forget what readings I got in my ground but it was usually towards the middle or less re mineralization. (e.g. on Omega reading).
I'm detector-less right now and am leaning towards the impact for a variety of reasons. Separation is important, but I really enjoy getting coins at deeper depth, hence my question.

Any ideas what kind of depth I might expect?

Thanks in advance,
EMS

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Pro-Pointer w/ Sidekick (supertuner)
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Re: What kind of depth you getting on coins with the Impact?
Posted by: Beyonder
Date: April 25, 2017 08:39AM
On the hunt for more nazi coins?

Date: April 25, 2017 01:43PM
Beyonder

Nah, I was never on the hunt for them. I even think I mentioned in a few videos how I didn't like finding them. (Except for the big silver one! :crazy:)

My target really, is deep silver. (often dime sized, so depth comparisons with dimes are great, quarters too.)

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Posted by: Digger Mike
Date: April 25, 2017 03:23PM
Some of the videos are showing good coin depth - maybe 10 to 11 inches but I'm concerned that the VDI number reading drops out at about 6". Anyone else have any experience with depth and VDIs?

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: April 25, 2017 05:47PM
I have a link on this forum under my post. I hit an Indian at 8" and 9". VDI was jumpy. Coins buried at 7" in my test garden were more stable in modes that have iron in 00-40 range.

Nokta Impact Maiden Voyage

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: April 26, 2017 05:38AM
Dug a coin size piece of costume jewelry at 10"+ with a good diggable signal and the TID was jumping 58-60-62. Opened and cleaned the hole out to 8" and was still getting the same reading. Another inch or so of dirt removed and the ID jumped to a solid 88. After another inch or so no ID due to the open hole. Finally had the target at the 10"+ and it gave a reading of 62.

DI3, sensitivity 80, GB 81 with 2 lines showing on the pie chart. In other words decent dirt.

Tom

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 05:47AM by Jackpine Savage.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: April 26, 2017 08:03AM
earthmansurfer
Beyonder

Nah, I was never on the hunt for them. I even think I mentioned in a few videos how I didn't like finding them. (Except for the big silver one! :crazy:)

My target really, is deep silver. (often dime sized, so depth comparisons with dimes are great, quarters too.)

I know I was being funny

Date: April 26, 2017 03:37PM
Went over to the old fairgrounds this morning and did manage to hit one deep coin in the same area I was hunting last fall, a zinc penny at 10 1/2". DI3 mode with 5 Khz and sensitivity 90 gave a good repeatable signal. TID bounced between 57 and 62 out of the ground read 59. One nice thing I noticed was that ring pulls bounce over a wide range. After the digging the first one I continued digging those signals and all were ring pulls, some with and some without the beaver tail attached So far I have not dug a coin that bounced that much. The Buffalo nickel I dug the other day was a nice stable 29-30 reading.

Tom

Save the Concentrics

Date: April 26, 2017 04:06PM
Tom,
Sounds like at least you are getting a TID for deep coins. I was concerned that the TID for deep coins would blank out and you would only have sound to go by. Thanks for the info.
Mike...

Date: April 26, 2017 04:33PM
So far I have not hit a signal that didn't give a TID. Not saying that isn't possible. Bear in mind I have pretty good soil around here. Max 2 bars on the F75 with most areas showing no or 1 bar.

Save the Concentrics

Date: April 27, 2017 06:07AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate it. Nice to see the depth is what I've heard elsewhere.
And boy am I happy about the target ID not fading out on deeper signals (That drove me nuts on the Deus).

For the money, all things considered (depth, separation, weight/balance, etc.) the Impact seems equal or better than what is available in the upper end.
The machine seems almost too flexible, but I haven't seen drastic differences in the modes (outside of maybe the deeper mode). So, I imagine a few pre programs might be more than enough (just like on the machines I mentioned before.)
I'll still with the 2 lower frequencies as I'm a coin hunter and don't go into too heavy iron.

Looking forward to getting one and making some videos,
EMS

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Lesche Knife

Yoda

Posted by: Parkologist
Date: April 27, 2017 10:34AM
Target ID depth is also adjustable so if you want it bouncy at depth you can set it like that. If you want it rock solid and only on less than 6" you can do that too! I believe the default is set in between the two.

Posted by: thardin88
Date: April 28, 2017 09:51PM
Digger Mike
Some of the videos are showing good coin depth - maybe 10 to 11 inches but I'm concerned that the VDI number reading drops out at about 6". Anyone else have any experience with depth and VDIs?

Yes, Yes VDI's do drop out and are all over the place.

Date: April 29, 2017 08:46AM
thardin88
Digger Mike

Yes, Yes VDI's do drop out and are all over the place.

Something is off here. Jackpine Savage said:

Dug a coin size piece of costume jewelry at 10"+ with a good diggable signal and the TID was jumping 58-60-62.

Now, I think we need to look at the soil. My soil isn't that bad, I can get 10" on a coin with VID, depending on the machine, but signals beyond 7" or so would bounce. On the Deus they would cut out.

So, in regards to your comment, can you say anything about the soil?

Thanks,
EM

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Lesche Knife

Yoda

Date: April 29, 2017 10:08AM
And when the target id drops out or is bouncy, what is your target id depth set to?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login