Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Audio clipping on the Impact?
Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: May 12, 2017 11:54AM
Does the audio on the Impact get clipped when a lot of target ranges are rejected? I ask this because clipping is very evident on the Fors Core even with just some rejection, to the point that I usually reduce the amount of rejected targets rather than increase it. A lot of the areas I hunt are so trashy it is very noisy if you have to listen to all the targets detected. But I will put up with it if the audio information is degraded by increasing rejection.

Re: Audio clipping on the Impact?
Posted by: dbado1
Date: May 12, 2017 09:27PM
In a word...no. I have both machines and I know exactly what you mean. The impact (and Relic) have separate iron volume adjustment so you can turn the ferrous response way down so it doesn't drive you nuts. I am of the belief that the less disc that you use on any machine the better. So, you can run the Impact wide open (no disc), turn the ferrous volume down and really hear what's going on beneath the coil and not suffer audio over load. It seems that Nokta has addressed the audio clipping on the Impact as well. It's tones are very quick without being clipped in heavy iron if that makes any sense. You hear it all. A marked improvement.

Dean

Re: Audio clipping on the Impact?
Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: May 12, 2017 10:10PM
Excellent! Thanks for the response, Dean.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login