Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
2nd hunt with Nokta Impact.. TID's making me crazy..lol..
Posted by: martygene
Date: July 04, 2017 05:26PM
I can't figure what is coming in on TID with this machine. I used DI4, 14K, disc 3, lowered gain to 60, tracking on, and dimes were coming in at around 78. Then to check I switched to deep, 14K, disc 10, I could keep gain at 70 just to check and dimes would come in at 86 or so. why the disparity I wonder? wouldn't 14K TID's be the same? I did dig a lot of junk just to see what was what but I still don't have much of an idea what is what with the TID's of this machine. I did get a few keepers, luckily. Any ideas on how to figure this out? anyone else have this problem?
thanks.

Re: 2nd hunt with Nokta Impact.. TID's making me crazy..lol..
Posted by: iskirkra
Date: July 04, 2017 06:32PM
martygene,
The impact uses 2 different scales for id's. One scale is for modes (gen, gend, sta, stad, deep, vlx1 and vlx2), these modes have an expanded iron range. The other scale is for modes (Di2, Di3, Di4, Di99 and COG). A dime using Di4 will be around 78 and a dime using deep will be around 85. I have attached a cheat sheet that I use, it might be helpful.

Good Luck, Randy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 06:37PM by iskirkra.

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: July 04, 2017 06:34PM
Also see this link of manual.
Page 11 dealing with ID setting.

http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/Impact_User_Manual_KKIM240417EN.PDF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 06:35PM by squirrel1.

Date: July 04, 2017 06:45PM
Thanks Randy this chart is what I need. It explains a lot. I think now that I see it it is in the back of the Impact manual. I looked at it and I forgot that it was there so thanks for the heads up.
iskirkra
martygene,
The impact uses 2 different scales for id's. One scale is for modes (gen, gend, sta, stad, deep, vlx1 and vlx2), these modes have an expanded iron range. The other scale is for modes (Di2, Di3, Di4, Di99 and COG). A dime using Di4 will be around 78 and a dime using deep will be around 85. I have attached a cheat sheet that I use, it might be helpful.

Good Luck, Randy

Date: July 04, 2017 07:35PM
No problem, I printed one out and keep it in my pocket, as forgetful as I am, I need all the help I can get

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: July 04, 2017 07:48PM
Man---how's a guy gonna remember all those #'s for the same target??:tongue:----Doesn't that detector have a "normalization" feature on it?------Knowing me, I would forget where I put that printed out list Randy! :biggrin:----------Del
iskirkra
No problem, I printed one out and keep it in my pocket, as forgetful as I am, I need all the help I can get

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: July 04, 2017 08:02PM
D&P-OR
Man---how's a guy gonna remember all those #'s for the same target??:tongue:----Doesn't that detector have a "normalization" feature on it?------Knowing me, I would forget where I put that printed out list Randy! :biggrin:----------Del
iskirkra

It sure does.
But you will still have multiple groups of reported ID depending on which mode(s) are selected.

Date: July 04, 2017 08:20PM
If you have normalization turned on, you only have to remember 2 sets of numbers (the 14khz list). It not to bad really, quarters and half dollars are about the same, the difference is with pennies, nickels and dimes. Good to hear from you Del, My wife thinks I have a really bad memory but you can use that to your advantage, like when she says, "I thought you were going to be home 2 hours ago"

Date: July 04, 2017 09:22PM
i'll be printing one out too .. l'll need it for quite a while..lol... my buddy has one of those quarter back arm note holder thingies so he has all the tid's right there on his wrist. i might just have to do that too.

iskirkra

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: July 05, 2017 05:22AM
Try to use headphones only and first to listen second, look on TID.... in opposite direction this doesn't work at all ;)

Posted by: Mega
Date: July 05, 2017 05:59AM
Audio is far more reliable and stable than what any 'TID' is,i certainly would never make a dig or no dig decision on what solely a screen tells me.Although i do own a fair few machines that do have TID screen i very rarely use them,even run my Deus with the controller in my pocket.Audio is king and always will be especially at depth,screens can get very un-reliable the deeper you go but audio still gives a decent reliable signal especially when using decent headphones,then of course the very last indicator of a very deep target is the threshold audio.

On deep pasture or after deep ploughing its the deep feint whispers that can and will produce those highly desirable targets that you will miss if just relying on what a screen tells you.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Des D
Date: July 05, 2017 07:35AM
"That IS the BIG problem when working with selectable frequency machines!
I've been dealing with the same issue working the 'Rutus Alter 71, and that's got 71 selectable frequencies!
But it has [Real ID] or Normalisation to help. Otherwise, 'it calculates' TID's in either 6 or 12kHz
So targets can register 89 in one frequency or 111 in another for the same target! Then, set it to Real ID and you might get either 89 or 111
But, which would you rather have? A spread of TID's to 120 which it can do and tell the difference between both copper and silver coins (and other targets) or compress to 99?
I like the ability to have a greater spread but then one day you might select a program/mode that has all of that Preset and you get confused?
That is why the Minelab E Trac with 'true multi frequency' that you, the User cannot change is, much easier to work with because there's little disparity between TID's hence less confusion"

Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: July 05, 2017 07:03PM
Between DI99, DI3 and DI4 and all the GEN modes, the ID'S are the same just different tones. I stick with DI99 because of the different tones. I love this mode....

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: July 05, 2017 09:01PM
Mudwhale - DI99, DI3,DI4 and the GEN modes don't all have the same VDI numbers for like coins. Check again.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: July 06, 2017 08:16AM
Tom Slick
Mudwhale - DI99, DI3,DI4 and the GEN modes don't all have the same VDI numbers for like coins. Check again.

I stand corrected! I wasn't paying attention to the VDI's when I played with the GEN modes but just the audio for target verification only.

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 08:16AM by Mudwhale.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login