Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: CoRe & Mars "Sniper" coil
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: August 27, 2017 10:12PM
So wait, I JUST got the 5 x 9.5 coil and now your telling me I NEED the 7" concentric too :shrug:

If the 7" can really negate that rusty ghost town flat tin, that would be slick at the desert ghost towns. Probably get 7" max depth on a silver dime?

I'd say the majority of the detecting finds I've made, and seen made in the desert were mostly in the 6-7" range, although I've dug and seen dug far deeper.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: August 28, 2017 12:31PM
LOL one can never have enough coils....so yep get the checkbook out :smile: But on a serious note, goes to show one man's sites can be a lot different than another. Of all the coins/tokens I have found, it's rare if I hit 7" to retrieve them. In these old sites up here and the sites I have hit in NV the coins have been surface to 3-4" My biggest battle is separation, fighting all the iron and rusted tin etc to find the coin(s) Depth really has not been a big concern for me. Unless the way over abundance of iron and tin is removed I am not going to get great depth, but that is the spots that are literally a carpet of that crap.

When I hunt the fringe areas, less trashy areas, then I use the 5.5 x 10, new 5x 9.5" or sharpshooter coil. So I have my depth covered there and either one of those coils will give me great separation in a somewhat trashy area.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Date: August 29, 2017 09:52AM
My Quote "LOL ok Monte I'll accept your challenge. May the best coil win"

Well, I am going to have to give this one to Monte. I did receive the FC24 9.5 x 5" Nokta coil for the Fors CoRe. It is definitely a performer. I used it yesterday afternoon at a site that I usually use my Racer 2 with snake coil. So I slowly worked the site with that coil and was very happy with its performance. I had my disc on the CoRe set at 10, so I could hear about everything. Even with the "rapid machine gun fire" sound of the low iron tone in all the nails etc, it had no problem locking on to non-ferrous targets. A few of those non-ferrous targets turned out to be keepers. The coil is solidly built coils ears almost in the right spot :smile: ( I like them in the center) This coil will prob see a lot of use on the Fors CoRe.

As far as the M@rs 10x6" coil......at this point I have no idea where it is at and if it will even get here. I did try the one Del got. I did do a quick NBT and it also easily passed it. Of the two I do like the bit smaller dimensions of the Nokta Coil. Here are a few of the finds and a pic of the coil.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: dfmike
Date: August 29, 2017 04:22PM
Thanks for the FC24 write-up OregonGregg. I was debating between the Mars Sniper and the FC24. I too would prefer smaller than bigger and the Sniper is getting pretty close to the stock 7 X 11. Does the FC24 ID the same as the stock DD coil on the CoRe on common targets ?

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: August 29, 2017 04:40PM
Mike, I did encounter a few coins while detecting, a few modern nickels and copper pennies plus the merc dime. They all seemed to pop in at the proper vdi...the nickels did range from 54-56. The pennies were 83-85 and the dime at 85. They all came in where they should plus or minus a VDI number.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Date: August 29, 2017 06:13PM
Thanks for the info. One FC24 coming in from the UK. I hope it won't take too long.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: August 29, 2017 07:59PM
They shipped mine standard shipping and it took a week. The 10 x 6 Mars coil was shipped economy and its been 3 weeks and haven't seen it yet. I think you will like that coil. When you do get it and a chance to use it, let us know what you think.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Date: August 30, 2017 06:01PM
The Mars Tiger I have for the F19 was shipped economy to Canada from the UK and it took about 3 weeks so yours should be in any day now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login