Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
velox one
Posted by: Cajundirtdobber
Date: July 26, 2017 09:20PM
I was looking into the velox one and found several people complaining about it being very chattering no matter how the settings were set.I also read something from keith southern that the velox one was chattering does anyone else have this problem.I was going to sell my Nautilus 2b for a velox but now im having 2nd thoughts

Re: velox one
Posted by: Des D
Date: July 27, 2017 10:53AM
Back in May 2014, a Field Test was undertaken for Nokta by myself.

Part of the Conclusion went as follows:
'Ground balancing as with any detector is critical and can be difficult to get right.
Not having a threshold didn't help matters - there was no audio baseline to get clues from.
The ground cancelling of this detector is not overly sophisticated. If you push the Velox One too much it becomes erratic and has to be dulled down when most operators want to run a detector flat out'.

Far as I can remember, I didn't find it "chattery"?
Maybe what others think is chatter is my instability?

Des Dunne

Date: July 28, 2017 07:31PM
Thanks for the help

Date: July 31, 2017 07:03PM
I guess i will hold off on getting a velox until more americans try the velox out .I don't always believe all the youtube videos as the pushers try to sell their product. I have heard a few americans that has tried the velox state that it is very chattery and chattery does not sit to well with me.

Posted by: Ground digger
Date: August 13, 2017 08:04PM
Cajundirtdobber

I bought a Velox earlier this year based on the reviews and statements I read and have been very happy with this detector. I also bought the 5" coil for the trashy areas. I have not had any issues with my Velox chattering or being unstable. Here in Utah and in the West the ground mineralization can be very bad. I generally have my ground balance set at around 4 (a few times around 7), sensitivity at 5 - 7 and iron disc in preset in parks or 5-7 else ware and do very well. I also have not had any issues with wet grass. I mostly run in just the ON position and a few times in Mineral 1. Many of the coin and coin sized targets I find are only a few inches deep due to the hard rocky soil but I have had a few items down to 9 inches or so with no problem. I'm still in the learning phase with this machine and as I get out to other areas to hunt may see a different need of settings. Overall I think this is a great machine in it's price range and should be getting more attention than it does. I bought this over the CorRe due to the fact that I don't care much for VID and the lower price point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login