Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: IMPACT SOFTWARE UPDATE - AUDIO TONE ACTIVATED IN DI4
Posted by: Sven
Date: August 01, 2017 05:12AM
Haven't found a need to save programs at this point. I agree the impact only takes a few seconds to set up and go detecting.
With all the features the Racer has, thought without being able to save settings, thought it would be a chore to set up.
When I got the Impact, glad to see it can save settings. Now I find I don't need that feature---yet. Still have to play with the tones, etc., at that point in time,
will be glad that I have the ability to set and save. Right now the factory pre-sets work fine.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Re: IMPACT SOFTWARE UPDATE - AUDIO TONE ACTIVATED IN DI4
Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: August 05, 2017 09:13AM
I have really been tweaking the tone breaks and audio tones in DI4 mode this past week. Here are the settings that are working well for me so far.

Basic Menu
Gain=90
Disc=2
FeVol.=5

Expert Menu
Notch=2
Audio Tones= Fe=15, Gold/Non Fe=40, Non Fe=50 and the last unboxed=70
Tone breaks= Fe=26, Gold/ Non Fe=65, Non Fe=80

This has been working good and gives a nice rollover audio effect on mixed metals so far. I haven't decided how low to go on the Fe tone break because i have only dug foil balls in the 20's range. I'm also not sure on the tone break for the Non Fe yet but these settings put everything below and above Iron into an audio zone, copper into another and silver into another. Please try this and let me know if it could be adjusted better and WHY.

Setting up the tone breaks was almost counter intuitive to figure out. This needs to be explained better...

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login