Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Big 15 inches coil for Nokta Impact opinions...
Posted by: shelton7522
Date: August 07, 2017 04:10PM
What about biggest Impact coil? Any tips? Tests? How this monster work?

Re: Big 15 inches coil for Nokta Impact opinions...
Posted by: Doctorcoinz
Date: August 07, 2017 04:26PM
I went out with the monster coil today for the first time , You really will notice the extra weight , i did after only a few minutes my arm was feeling the extra weight.
I dug a big flat piece of lead at 12 inches with a super strong signal. The bigger deep targets don't stand a chance of escaping the pure depth of the big coil , it's super deep on larger targets. On coins though i think you might not get much extra depth
maybe an inch or 2 but thats just my opinion. I don't think i would use this massive coil on a trash loaded site it's just way too big. I don't think i could manage a full days detecting with this coil due to the weight even though it's as light as they come for such a big coil. I would use this coil on pasture when hunting for really deep relics , or a hoard of coins. On the beach i think i would do well if you could manage the extra weight for long...

Date: August 07, 2017 04:32PM
Good review mate thank you.

We know that Impact is very fast metal detector..., so maybe it can work fast with this big coil in trash site with lower sweep speed. I will check it tomorrow ;)

Posted by: Doctorcoinz
Date: August 07, 2017 04:42PM
Yes you could use it in trash and i am sure you will filter out some deeper coins with it, just be prepared for a barage of signals with every sweep!
I have a good site loaded with junk , a site that has given up a few thousand coins.. I might try it someday on this site the monster ..

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: August 07, 2017 09:42PM
I actually used the big coil on a trashy site. It wasn't too bad and I was able to find deep coins. It was the most enjoyable big coil I every used (CTX 17", NEL Tornado on an AT Pro, and 15" on a Sovereign GT).

As for the weight, it is the lightest big coil I have ever used. The key to avoiding arm issues is to bring the coil closer to your feet versus extending way in front of yourself.

Posted by: General Custer
Date: August 09, 2017 02:52AM
I used a 16 inch coil on an early Whites and there was no comparison with the smaller 8 inch standard coil.The big nuggets started to roll in fast.I used a harness supplied by Whites to mount my detector around
my shoulder and it was effortless. There is a 13x11 inch coil,the XXL Black Dog coil from a Spanish manufacturer which improves the Impact,s performance significantly but is very light.

Date: August 09, 2017 05:33AM
Ok, 15 inches works good in heavy trash area... you need sweep slower but works for me. Very effective tool also!

Posted by: General Custer
Date: August 10, 2017 12:44AM
That large coil would be suited for my goldfields where I have large areas to cover and with almost no junk.

Posted by: mrsspk
Date: August 29, 2017 07:31PM
Just got mine today so I will be trying it on my deeeeeep coin spot this week.

Posted by: steve herschbach
Date: August 30, 2017 11:00PM
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2372100,2372100

Minelab GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, Equinox 800; Garrett ATX; Makro Gold Racer; White's V3i/Bigfoot; Garrett Carrot; Sun Ray Pro Gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 11:03PM by steve herschbach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login