Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Found my second silver quarter for this year
Posted by: Sven
Date: September 10, 2017 07:01PM
Used the Impact, got a high tone with no visual target ID numbers, I dug, out popped a 1962 quarter. :canadaflag:
Did make my Loonie quota for the day. Found one. A few quarters, a few dimes, couple nickels and a few pennies.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Re: Found my second silver quarter for this year
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: September 10, 2017 08:11PM
Sven, Nice score on the silver :thumbup: Was the lack of TID due to the coin being at fringe depth?

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: September 11, 2017 03:50PM
Not sure, might have been on edge, it was only down about 6". The Impact will go deeper and it could have been the soil composition there.
Afterwards I did switch to 5khz in hopes of finding some more. Possible there's some deep silver left here.

Re: Found my second silver quarter for this yearN/T
Date: September 11, 2017 04:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 11, 2017 06:35PM
That's quite deep for a 1962. It seems to be in terrific condition as well.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: September 12, 2017 08:15AM
WTG!!
I found a weird coin deep in the woods this past weekend. It's an 1884 5 "ORE" coin from Sweden and it is made of Bronze. Strange coin to find in the middle of nowhere here in Connecticut! It was 8" deep.

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2017 08:16AM by Mudwhale.

Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: September 12, 2017 08:19AM
Two weekend ago I found a nice coin spill in the woods at about 9.5" deep. Out came silver 1958 Benjamin and 1967 Kennedy halves along with 6 wheat pennies.

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Posted by: cjc
Date: September 12, 2017 04:49PM
Nice laureate quarter, Sven.
clive

More Silver!!!!!!!!!
Date: September 19, 2017 08:28PM
So I was cleaning out my finds tray from a week ago, the evening I found the silver quarter. Starting picking out the dimes and notice an older Queens bust, OK head.LOL
Picked it up, golly, jeepers a 1962 silver dime. That's too funny. WOW up to 4 silver coins this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login