Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
My Impact Demo
Posted by: cjc
Date: September 14, 2017 07:33PM
Okay, I'm no John Cameron here--but the demo speaks for itself. I learn something with this machine every time out. This was done standing in front of my household panel--the STA (D) demo probably would have sounded better outside. No GB was performed and I was triggering to stabilize it. This machine has a ton of potential. Thanks for creating such an interesting detector, Notka!
https://youtu.be/fjd5as_5iN8
cjc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2017 07:58PM by cjc.

I saw your video . . .
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 17, 2017 08:15AM
I have done the same test with the detectors I have. However, try the same test moving the coil along the length of the spike. See if it hits your ring.

Re: My Impact Demo
Posted by: Mudwhale
Date: September 17, 2017 03:19PM
Tony
With iron horizontal as you requested, and you already know the answer, with any double D coil, coil will only hit the iron and cancel everything when iron is horizontal. It's a directional thing with the iron linked to the induction field of the coil. If you go 90 degrees, most machines will show 2 targets, or a blending of ID's/tones.

Nokta IMPACT,Garret GTAX-550, Garret Pro Pointer, Garret digger, Predator Tools Piranha shovel and 100% DEET!!

Re: I saw your video . . .
Date: September 17, 2017 07:48PM
I'm going to replicate this test outdoors to give the STA (D) an environment with less interference. I'll include the "down the barrel" variant as well. I've still never seen a machine do what's shown though.
cjc

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: September 18, 2017 10:02AM
Clive - You'll need to edit the title of your video so folks can find it doing a search. You've miss spelled Nokta as Notka. I was having a difficult time remembering how it's spelled but now I just remember the K comes before T in the alphabet.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: September 18, 2017 08:45PM
Thanks Tom--will do.
rgrdz clive

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 22, 2017 01:02PM
cjc
I'm going to replicate this test outdoors to give the STA (D) an environment with less interference. I'll include the "down the barrel" variant as well. I've still never seen a machine do what's shown though.
cjc

I've done tests with many of my detectors. They will hit the coin next to a large rusty nail going against the length of the nation and up to about 45 degrees against the length of the nail but they miss the coin going the length of the nail.
I believe it has to do with the blade of frequency of the DD coil. As the blade is going down the length of the nail, it is overwhelmed by the iron. As the blade is going toward the nail where it hits the coin first and then the nail it is able to report the coin.

Date: September 22, 2017 06:11PM
Tony I was able to replicate this test "down the barrell" in my yard as well but every dog in the neighborhood was barking at the sound f the machine so I didn't publish.
Maybe not as distinct but still a high tone.
cjc

Re: Gen (D) "Down the Barrel" and .4 Nugget Test
Date: September 24, 2017 12:05PM
Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: October 18, 2017 11:54AM
This what your looking for Tony?

https://youtu.be/ORL6dxgfBQM

Tony N (Michigan)
cjc
cjc

I've done tests with many of my detectors. They will hit the coin next to a large rusty nail going against the length of the nation and up to about 45 degrees against the length of the nail but they miss the coin going the length of the nail.
I believe it has to do with the blade of frequency of the DD coil. As the blade is going down the length of the nail, it is overwhelmed by the iron. As the blade is going toward the nail where it hits the coin first and then the nail it is able to report the coin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login