Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Impact - Racer 2 which one ?
Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: October 03, 2017 06:36PM
I am getting the itch for a new machine. Impact or Racer 2 ? Also thinking of waiting for the new Minelab Equinox . I was thinking selling off a few of mine and thought a new Impact and Equinox. To many chooses. GS

Re: Impact - Racer 2 which one ?
Posted by: CCadrin
Date: October 03, 2017 08:30PM
I would go with the Impact but I also have to say that I only took the racer 2 out for 3 hunts when the Impact was announced and I sold the Racer 2. The features of the Impact are incredible. You can navigate the any of the 12 modes very easily and to change frequencies is just pressing twice.

I only use it for park hunting. The depth is incredible once you learn the machine and what it is telling you. It easily out performs my CTX 3030 in finding deep targets. The CTX is great in identifying targets with VDI but the impact provides a very clean tone on desirable targets. I had hunted the same hunted park well over 50 times in the past two years and the Impact is still producing. My latest fine was a .8 gram 18k ring and it was down 9 inches. I heard two targets close to each other with one of the targets provided a very clean sound which was the ring. The second target was an iron nail 3 to 4 inches away.

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: October 03, 2017 08:46PM
Thanks CCadrin. The Impact does sound impressive. I do have the Red Racer and it is a great detector. I just don't like the grouping at vdi# 82. However I like it in old iron sites where all non ferrous sound off. GS ( Anyone else have any feedback ? )

Posted by: Dave_E
Date: October 03, 2017 09:51PM
I used the Racer.2 for a year and a half and loved it.
I traded it in and now own the Impact.
There’s really no comparison unless you’re factoring in price.

Both are great values for the money but if price isn’t an issue you should get the Impact.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 04, 2017 03:30AM
I've owned the Racer 2 & really enjoyed it. Great coin machine in trashy areas. I just sold it recently & purchased an Impact.

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login