Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
First Outing with Impact
Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 06, 2017 01:23AM
Finally got a chance to take my Impact out for the first time. Recent rain yesterday so the digging was perfect.
Initial feelings on the Impact:
Well balanced, much heavier than the XP Deus that I have been using but did not really notice the weight. Very fast response time. Works well with Nokta's wireless headphones. Buddy was using the AT Max. We did notice a lot of interference between the two machines. Did not have time to search long but was well pleased with the performance of the Impact. Nothing old was found today but it did give me a chance to try out the Impact. Found clad pennies, nickel, dimes, & quarter. So I got a chance to see the readings & start recognizing what number coins came in at. We were searching this house for a lost wedding band. Did not find the wedding band but this did get us permission to hunt an old 1944 house site. So looking forward to trying this machine out some more soon at this old site.

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Let's hear about your progression with the Impact?
Posted by: Monte
Date: October 08, 2017 09:55AM
Sataro
Finally got a chance to take my Impact out for the first time. Recent rain yesterday so the digging was perfect.
Glad you have an Impact, :thumbup: but sorry to hear about the rain. :thumbdown: That was three days ago and I hope you've had some weather improvements and time to get out with your new Impact.

Sataro
Initial feelings on the Impact:
Well balanced, much heavier than the XP Deus that I have been using but did not really notice the weight. Very fast response time. Works well with Nokta's wireless headphones.
I would say the Impact is 'heavier' and not 'much' heavier as there are many detectors that outweigh the Impact. I will agree, for sure, that the Impact doesn't feel like a heavy device, and the balance is very good and not fatiguing. As we are entering a colder fall season I am transitioning to my corded headphones more, but generally I wear the 2.4 Gig. wireless headphones, and yes, the Impact works well with them.

Sataro
Buddy was using the AT Max. We did notice a lot of interference between the two machines.
The AT MAX operating frequency is 13.6 kHz so that might have caused a bit of EMI ... if you were operating at 14 kHz. The Impact has a start-up design to be in 14 kHz, and that's just fine with me because I have enjoyed detectors that operate in the 10 kHz to 15 kHz frequency range since the late '70s.

However, when I turn on an Impact I quickly use the automated GB function, then I select the Expert menu, press the 'Up' arrow once and that puts me in Frequency adjust. Then when I get interference I can either move away from the source or quickly press 'Expert' then press the 'Right' arrow and on-the-fly it shifts to 20 kHz and the EMI is gone. Once away from any offending source I almost always shift back to 14 kHz ... unless I have determined I want to enjoy the benefits of 20 kHz for the site conditions and intended targets I am after.

Sataro
Did not have time to search long but was well pleased with the performance of the Impact. Nothing old was found today but it did give me a chance to try out the Impact. Found clad pennies, nickel, dimes, & quarter. So I got a chance to see the readings & start recognizing what number coins came in at. We were searching this house for a lost wedding band. Did not find the wedding band but this did get us permission to hunt an old 1944 house site. So looking forward to trying this machine out some more soon at this old site.
Let us know which search coil(s) you have and the settings you are using for the various sites you will be hunting. Best of success afield, and I hope you can enjoy some pleasant weather to get out searching in.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe (Using mainly the 'OOR', 5", 4X7½, 5X9½ open-frame DD's or 7" Concentric coils as needed. Other coils on-hand.)
Tesoro:
Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave (With either a 6" or 7" Concentric coil in use, or maybe 8X11 DD on the Vaquero.)

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: First Outing with Impact
Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: October 09, 2017 06:31PM
Jerry find anything?

Re: First Outing with Impact
Posted by: Sataro
Date: October 12, 2017 10:53PM
No just a handful of clad. He was disgusted with the clad. He was wanting to find some old so he could brag about that CTX besting my Impact.

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login