Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Nokta Impact Arm Cuff
Posted by: Busparts
Date: October 16, 2017 12:34PM
Do anyone else have a problem with the Impact arm cuff being too wide? It put a lot of stress on my wrist to try to hold it still wile swinging it. Need to do something so it doesn't wobble side to side while swinging it.

Re: Nokta Impact Arm Cuff
Posted by: General Custer
Date: October 16, 2017 03:42PM
The Impact is so well balanced I found the arm cuff superfluous after the first outing and took it off.

Posted by: Sven
Date: October 16, 2017 04:00PM
A number of us already posted about that over the past few months. We solved that problem by taking it off, using a heat gun to heat the sides so the sides can be bend to a custom fit.
Theres a post here on the forum. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2377409,2378112#msg-2378112

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

My thoughts on the Impact's Arm Cuff.
Posted by: Monte
Date: October 16, 2017 05:34PM
I got my Impact in is very cold January winter and places I was able to travel to to hunt had me wearing a long-sleeved flannel shirt and a warm coat. At times the clothing was almost too think for the Impact's cuff. In spring, and now in our chilly-to-cool fall, I find it very comfortable. During the blazing hot summer we had, with temps to 113┬░, I wasn't wearing anything close to being long-sleeved and yes, the Impact's arm cuff might be considered, by some, to have a little too much 'wiggle room.'

For me, it is fine. It allows ample room for wearing a sweater, jacket or thick warm coat, and when it's just the Impact Vs my bare arm, I just snug the arm cuff strap a little more. I never since any of my arm cuff traps down tight with any detector since I like to slip my arm out during a recovery and just slide it back in. So, for me, I don't find the cuff size and shape to really be too annoying, but then that's also because I use a slow-motion and methodical sweep. For those who sweep too briskly or maybe extend the rod out too far, that can create more of a 'loose-fit' feeling.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact (2), FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7 (coming soon)

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: October 17, 2017 02:10PM
I've been using Sheep Skin (wool) to line all the arm cuffs of my detectors for years. It's cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It takes up the extra space of the Impacts arm cuff. I buy the wool from Tandy Leather, a store chain the supplies leather and leather working tools to hobbyists. They sell it in bags that have enough for about 3 or 4 arm cuffs for about $8.00. They have different colors.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 02:16PM by Tom Slick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login