Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Thanks, Billy. It's 38° and partly sunny so I am
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 08, 2017 11:14AM
headed out to try and beat the higher winds that are supposed to arrive this afternoon. I have the Impact w/7" Concentric and CoRe w/'OOR' loaded up to check out a building tear-down site. It is good to be outfitted as I need. Still have to replace my Nokta Pinpointer and Killer-B 'Hornet' headphones but I had an older headphone set that will work for now.

I hope you're having huntable weather for early November.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact (2), FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7 (coming soon)

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: Desert detecting with snow in California already?
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 08, 2017 02:20PM
Monte
And I thought all the 'snowbirds' loved to head south to escape the colder and whiter wintry weather ... and it's only early November!

Maybe the Phoenix/Mesa area in Arizona could provide a better weather escape from winter? Is your FJ that bold yellow color like David G.'s or something less eye-catching?

Best of success when you can get out and I look forward to seeing your recoveries.

Monte

We have to go where we can find stuff, which means we have to venture out of the coastal regions to the places fun to detect for relics and the older western frontier history we enjoy detecting.

I took my FJ to the WTHO event that David G. and I first met you at, it's the all black TRD edition, so it doesn't jump out quite like David's bumble bee :)

Funny thing, after I graduated high school, my girlfriend and I moved to Phoenix, AZ so I could start college. I remember the droves of snowbirds that flocked to Mesa, during the winter months you'd see more out of state license plates then AZ plates. On the weekends, we used to drive all over the state looking at ghost towns and other interesting western sites, but I didn't know anything about metal detecting back then (this was in the mid-late 1980's). I'm sure all of those sites have been hammered to death by now, but I can only imagine the treasures they held back then!

HH,
Brian

Re: At least with the Impact I am back up and running! :hot:
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: November 10, 2017 01:28PM
So Brian, You're the one to blame for our ghost towns being hammered. I moved to Mesa in 2009.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login