Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
New Impact Software Upgrade Software V1.16 Posted on Nokta Site
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 09, 2017 10:47PM
From the Impact software download page:

Software Update (03.11.2017)
Download : R2_V1.16_V1.14 (System Software V1.16 / LCD Software V1.14)
Updates Made : With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).
The new RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones will ONLY work with IMPACT Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions.
When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

IMPORTANT! If you do not have the RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones but an older version and would like to upgrade your detector with this software version, please check the WiFi channel of your detector first and make sure that it is NOT set to channel 4 or 5 but to one of the channels between 0-3 before uploading the software to your detector!

What is the new "off" position for?

hh,
Brian

Re: New Impact Software Upgrade Software V1.16 Posted on Nokta Site
Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: November 10, 2017 04:34AM
Cal_Cobra
From the Impact software download page:

Software Update (03.11.2017)
Download : R2_V1.16_V1.14 (System Software V1.16 / LCD Software V1.14)
Updates Made : With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).
The new RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones will ONLY work with IMPACT Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions.
When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

IMPORTANT! If you do not have the RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones but an older version and would like to upgrade your detector with this software version, please check the WiFi channel of your detector first and make sure that it is NOT set to channel 4 or 5 but to one of the channels between 0-3 before uploading the software to your detector!

What is the new "off" position for?

hh,
Brian

Hello Brian. Off position is to turn the wireless connection off completely so in case you are not using wireless headphones, it saves on battery and avoids other wireless headphones to connect to your device. Hope it is clear...

Other updates with the 1.16 Version? Three questions.
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 10, 2017 07:11AM
In the post it stated the following:

Updates Made: With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).

So, other than the WiFi channels being increased and 'OFF' function added, were there any other software changes of significance, or was it only addressing the WiFi channels?

Both my Impacts have version 1.14 installed, and now we have a Version 1.16 available. Was there a Version 1.15 upgrade in the last several months?

Final question is: Is this upgrade designed to only effect the software changes mentioned WITHOUT restoring everything back to the Factory Default settings?

It takes a while to go back in and manually re-enter all the search mode programs we have saved with any software update we have done so far. If there are no other significant changes other than addressing the WiFi settings, and since everything is working great as it is, I can live without this version update if it is going to restore all settings back to a facaory defaults.

Thank you Dilek,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Two each of the following: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7 (coming soon)

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: juit
Date: November 10, 2017 08:10AM
They should work on a software control panel for the pc that can backup and import your settings to a file

Minelab 705
Nokta relic
Fisher CZ5
Whites m6

Posted by: Low-Boy/LCPM
Date: November 10, 2017 10:45AM
Posted by: Beyonder
Date: November 10, 2017 12:20PM
I have been saying that a portion of the battery was going to searching for a wireless device since it's first release. Bravo on finding a fix for it!

Posted by: juit
Date: November 10, 2017 12:23PM
Also that you could change all your settings in the same control panel

Minelab 705
Nokta relic
Fisher CZ5
Whites m6

Posted by: Ptrevino97
Date: November 11, 2017 07:57PM
So once I download the new software how do I turn wifi connection off if it's currently always on?

Posted by: goodmore
Date: November 12, 2017 06:59AM
Could not get the update to work for the life of me. Found out the USB cable sent with the detector is bad. No big deal. Have an extra from my Whistler scanner. Just an infuriating twenty minutes. Winter came early and sudden here. I hope to get out when it warms up a little and try this update out. Oh those leaves are a pain!

Posted by: Sven
Date: November 12, 2017 09:02AM
Pull the trigger towards you and press the down button, there are are 6 selections
00----------OFF
1 thru 5 wireless headphone channels----which are on positions.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Date: November 12, 2017 09:33AM
Ok thanks. I'll have to update it now.

Posted by: Low-Boy/LCPM
Date: November 12, 2017 10:36AM
I have not updated my impact after I was done testing...I like the way it runs now and at this time have not seen enough for me to change things. Wonder how far they will go with updates. Kind of wish notch was not linked to disc

LowBoy {RACER /DEUS}

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvc8PTSRYKKi4hdGpSonlA

Date: November 12, 2017 11:46AM
Sven
Pull the trigger towards you and press the down button, there are are 6 selections
00----------OFF

Just updated and have 11 selections not 6. Have 00,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0ff
Is that what it's now supposed to be now?

Date: November 12, 2017 03:13PM
Ptrevino97
Sven
00----------OFF

Just updated and have 11 selections not 6. Have 00,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0ff
Is that what it's now supposed to be now?

I never checked the wireless channels before, so I don't know what the options were. When I now checked per manual pull the toggle trigger and press the down button, what I posted is what I saw.
Maybe mine did not update correctly?

Double checked my update
Date: November 12, 2017 03:41PM
Just now did the update again and now shows 00-9, Off
Appears the the update I did a few days or so ago was not successful.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login