Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
The Makro Racer is awesome...
Posted by: Des D
Date: March 21, 2015 03:35PM
Been out twice with my 'Racer', and have consistently dug deeper than with other 'top of the line' brands.
It is a versatile machine, full of innovation...and I haven't got to use the small 5" x 4.5" coil yet (will do tomorrow) nor been to the beach...
All to come...
Last day out my hunting buddy consistently said, "Nope, I wouldn't dig that" to several of my signals that he checked with his Fisher Result: all non ferrous including coins.
Result: 6 coins for Racer with 0 for Fisher
Very happy.

Good Hunting

Des D

Re: The Makro Racer is awesome...
Posted by: pasttom
Date: March 21, 2015 04:12PM
Wow! Which Fisher?

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: March 21, 2015 07:23PM
Wow! I can't wait till mine gets here.

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: March 22, 2015 12:45AM
Des D
Been out twice with my 'Racer', and have consistently dug deeper than with other 'top of the line' brands.
It is a versatile machine, full of innovation...and I haven't got to use the small 5" x 4.5" coil yet (will do tomorrow) nor been to the beach...
All to come...
Last day out my hunting buddy consistently said, "Nope, I wouldn't dig that" to several of my signals that he checked with his Fisher Result: all non ferrous including coins.
Result: 6 coins for Racer with 0 for Fisher
Very happy.

Good Hunting

Des D

sounds good, which model Fisher was your friend using?

Date: March 22, 2015 06:17AM
Well, 2 hunts in with the 'Racer' and it's proving to be the proverbial cracker!! (apologies to Florida natives, no slur intended LOL)

NB:
It's imperative to GB properly
Adjust to the appropriate Gain for the soil you're on. (Yeah I know...how to suck eggs...but, this thing is super sensitive, almost too powerful compared to more expensive rivals) I AM digging deeper than with those 'other more expensive' brands!
Select the 'best suited Mode' to the site: choose from All Metal, Two Tone, Three Tone, Beach
Adjust the stems and arm rest to suit you. As I'm fairly short (think Dudley Moore!) it is suiting me best in a short configuration because yes, I can confirm the 'rake' of it is quite extended due to the MID stem being longer than other stems on other brands!

I'm not preaching you should run right out and buy one...make up your own mind on that...but you could do worse things!

AND, I haven't used the small 5" x 4.5" coil yet nor been to the beach!

Good Hunting

Des D

PS: my hunting buddy was using his Fisher 12266-X from the year 1990 with which he is very good

Posted by: draaiorgel
Date: March 22, 2015 10:18AM
Thanks for the report Des.
Yeah we love our racers too, we only hunt beaches.
They really seem to penetrate the ground, just wait till ya try it on the beach it's a killer.
:cheers::cheers:

HH. Ian & Eileen

Posted by: BigTony
Date: March 22, 2015 11:56AM
DES D, what area of the country are you detecting in? I am in NJ a few miles from NYC and would like to know the ground conditions - like mineralized soils like around here.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: March 22, 2015 11:58AM
One more question what is the swing speed? Normal or fast?

BigTony

Date: March 22, 2015 01:49PM
"Would almost everyone agree if testing in a regular test spot where multiple systems have gone before and nothing new turns up until a new piece of kit is worked there that if new finds surface then that new piece of kit is better than whet went before? In other words, the test spot threw up a few surprises that weren't expected? We all know that nowhere is really worked out and finds will always turn up but not necessarily finds that can be classed as "good", "unexpected", "impressive!"?

Posted by: Southwind
Date: March 22, 2015 02:56PM
You can just about always find a missed goody at any site no matter how much it has been hunted. Just about! Now, if you can take a new detector to those type of places and continually pull missed goodies then the odds turn more toward the signs of a better detector. I've got several such places. I've got one site that defies all logic. An old carnival grounds where my buddies and I have pulled many Indian Heads, Barbers and V-Nickels and wheat pennies in the 5-6" depth range. Hunted it for 3 years off and on with our DFX's to the point it stopped producing. Ever since we have taken every new detector we have gotten from E-Tracs, V3i's to CTX's and not a single coin. Not a single missed coin. The place does have a lot of bottle caps but even using the smallest coils hasn't produced a single coin in over 4 years now. Not a one.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 03:01PM by Southwind.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: March 22, 2015 03:16PM
Take the Racer with small coil into that old carnival grounds & see what happens.-----Let us know the results---would be VERY interested to see how that turns out!
Southwind
You can just about always find a missed goody at any site no matter how much it has been hunted. Just about! Now, if you can take a new detector to those type of places and continually pull missed goodies then the odds turn more toward the signs of a better detector. I've got several such places. I've got one site that defies all logic. An old carnival grounds where my buddies and I have pulled many Indian Heads, Barbers and V-Nickels and wheat pennies in the 5-6" depth range. Hunted it for 3 years off and on with our DFX's to the point it stopped producing. Ever since we have taken every new detector we have gotten from E-Tracs, V3i's to CTX's and not a single coin. Not a single missed coin. The place does have a lot of bottle caps but even using the smallest coils hasn't produced a single coin in over 4 years now. Not a one.

Posted by: jackintexas
Date: March 22, 2015 05:53PM
I am one of those waiting if you get a Racer and see how it does there.....Jack

Posted by: doc holiday
Date: March 22, 2015 07:14PM
Southwind hitting the old carnival ground and giving a report would be worth price of admission.

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: March 22, 2015 07:29PM
Something for the Racer users to do when going back to supposed hunted out sites. Before you dig ensure an ID Mask setting 10. Sweep the target from all angles and see if you here any iron tone trying to roll in close or any other nonferrous target in close to the 82 plus coin reading. Just yesterday I dug 2 oldies with CoRe unit in an area that had been pounded, I could tell by what I heard close to the good target spot, why they was missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 07:30PM by squirrel1.

Posted by: JFlynn
Date: March 22, 2015 08:20PM
SW that would be the first place I carried the machine with small coil. It's a great spot for small debri masking to be very evident. 3 tone and dig all the solid steady high tone hits. You are going to be very surprised I feel sure. If I had not seen it with my own eye's what most all detectors have missed due to the masking I wouldn't have believed it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login