Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Went hunting and recovered nothing!
Posted by: Southwind
Date: March 25, 2015 05:55AM
I'm hoping to get my Racer today so I went to the city park, a major challenge for any detector, and marked some possible targets but didn't recover them. I plan to video testing them before I recover them. It was very tough to get possible good targets but leave them in the ground. My buddy John recovered 2 silver, one merc and one rosie, and a wheat. This park gives up ONLY to the very best machines. Right now only our E-Trac's can dish out the goods and even those now are all iffy's. All the easy stuff is gone. It has 130 years of iron I'm hoping the Racer can get through better than the nulling of the E-Trac.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Re: Went hunting and recovered nothing!
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: March 25, 2015 06:25AM
Terry-----What we are waiting to see is---your results/report on that non-producing carnival grounds (with the Racer).-----That should be VERY interesting and a very good indication of what the Racer can (or can't) do.

Posted by: JFlynn
Date: March 25, 2015 08:09AM
Strap that small coil and get ready for an eye opener. I think you are fixing to experience some WOW moments. 3 tone and go.

Date: March 25, 2015 08:23AM
If the Racer can pull one single coin from that carnival grounds I'll be sold. It's been many many years and many many detectors since a single coin was pulled from that rather small area.

Terry ..We are all waiting for your unbiased honest report.
Posted by: Elton
Date: March 25, 2015 08:37AM
If you pull the good stuff ...Macro better speed up the manufacturing ...:thumbup:

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: March 25, 2015 09:37AM
Southwind
I'm hoping to get my Racer today so I went to the city park, a major challenge for any detector, and marked some possible targets but didn't recover them. I plan to video testing them before I recover them. It was very tough to get possible good targets but leave them in the ground. My buddy John recovered 2 silver, one merc and one rosie, and a wheat. This park gives up ONLY to the very best machines. Right now only our E-Trac's can dish out the goods and even those now are all iffy's. All the easy stuff is gone. It has 130 years of iron I'm hoping the Racer can get through better than the nulling of the E-Trac.

I can say without a doubt I've pulled high conductor targets some small, some dime sized out from steps of old houses where many detectors have been. Something else, don't discount using the stock coil in your site. You may be surprised at what it sniffs out as well. Also don't let one site be your decider either. After you hit about 5 pounded sites that have had good finds in the past, then I think you will see a pattern start developing. "Your quote the easy stuff is gone". What about 100 year old plus coins lying at only 4-6 inches. Those sound easy don't they. Guess what I'm finding them being sniffed out with coRe unit with small coil, and they bang hard on the detector. I've had gents just stand with the look of "shock and disbelief", trying to figure out what's going on. And this price factor, again they are a bit perplexed. So cheap, yet can pull the goods. I tried to tell folks about these on the Friendly forum. And some thought it was all bs hype. Mr Flynn and myself were basically saying the same things as far as performance. Now maybe folks will take both Jack and I more serious in the future, once folks get their units out in the field and witness their performance. I'm looking forward to your results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 09:53AM by squirrel1.

Posted by: runamuck
Date: March 25, 2015 10:11AM
Following with great interest! Southwind, after you get some hours on the racer I would be interested in your opinion on the racer v xp deus. Thanks

Date: March 25, 2015 10:15AM
Just got my 6" Racer coil. I'm half way there LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 10:22AM by Southwind.

"Just got my 6" Racer coil." Actually, it is
Posted by: Monte
Date: March 25, 2015 10:23AM
the same size as the Nokta FORS CoRe smaller coil and they list the dimensions as 4.7X5.2 and it's maybe more generally close to a 5" DD coil, but I call it an 'OOR' coil as it is just slightly Out-Of-Round. Still, you will be surprised at the depth and field results of this little giant of a performer, and the stock 7X11 DD works well, too.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX-7
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, and chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my accessory coil tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Date: March 25, 2015 11:29AM
Thanks Monte.

Now, if the guy in the brown truck would just show up.

Yup squirrel1 I've got some prime sites waiting. Some will probably do best with the small coil, due to very heavy trash and iron, others I'm hoping the depth of the stock coil will prove to be the answer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 11:33AM by Southwind.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: March 25, 2015 11:46AM
A watched brown truck never stops. I think that is the old saying! Leave town and it will be on your doorstep within the hour. How do they know???

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: JFlynn
Date: March 25, 2015 11:52AM
You are going to be shocked at what the small coil is going to find. Small debri masking will become very very evident shortly. 3 tone makes it so much easier to pick out the good targets.

Posted by: poorman
Date: March 25, 2015 12:09PM
Hay Del...You have a Racer coming right? I would head down to the old Baker City Park in town and see what it could pull up. I pulled a 1913 Barber Dime out of there some time ago so I know there is some old stuff in the ground.

Posted by: runamuck
Date: March 25, 2015 01:56PM
Is that small coil the same one that is included in the "pro package"?

Yes.N/T
Posted by: Monte
Date: March 25, 2015 04:56PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX-7
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, and chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my accessory coil tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login