Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Makro racer 2 video - Mega coin spill
Posted by: Bill_S
Date: November 04, 2016 06:26PM
took the Racer 2 to a local park and found a bunch of coins in a small area. At the end of the video I dig a deep target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiQonTowfs

Re: Makro racer 2 video - Mega coin spill
Posted by: ArnieTX
Date: November 06, 2016 07:52PM
I have the Deus and the MR2. The MR2 with the small coil kills it in the iron....better than the Deus,

Arnie from South Texas
XP Deus - Whites V3i - Fisher F75 - Garrett AT Gold - Makro R2 - Tesoro Compadre
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Coin 1882-CC $5 Gold Coin (Texas)
Oldest Silver 1821 Mexican Coin (Texas)
Oldest Coin 1773 Virginia Half Penny (Langley AFB VA)
Best Relic - T. Miller CS Button Alberts #26

Love the history and the hunt but the best is watching my kids make their own finds.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: November 06, 2016 08:30PM
I am getting ate up with screw caps , can slaw and such. All kinds of non ferrous junk coming up in the mid 80's to low 90's.

:thumbup: A definite plus to the Racer 2 & small coils.N/T
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 07, 2016 07:38AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.
Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Just a brief comment, Trashfinder.
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 07, 2016 08:07AM
I guess you might want to change your 'handle' if you prefer NOT to find a lot of trash. :lmfao: Of course Trashignorer wouldn't be so good either as it would suggest you would be using a lot of Discrimination and over-relying on visual TID to try and not dig any junk.

Trashfinder
I am getting ate up with screw caps , can slaw and such. All kinds of non ferrous junk coming up in the mid 80's to low 90's.
A couple of comments here, and to start with, most screw caps, can slaw and other aluminum-based junk is going to have a higher-conductive range read-out with any detector. Higher-conductive scrap metal tends to run in the 70's to low '90s, and the only way to try and classify it as a non-coin type target is to isolate it with a methodical sweep and check for how solid the response repeats compared to a more jumpy or random response for some odd-sizes or shaped objects.

The Racer 2 is my main-use detector for urban Coin Hunting where bottle caps, screw caps, pull tabs and can slaw container remnants seems to abound in and around picnic areas, etc. I don't dig it all, but I will dig my share just because I am after good targets and realize I am hunting a location that typically has a lot of higher-conductive junk that can mimic desired coins and such. I also know that if hunting a site that has a surplus of that type of trash annoys me, there are plenty of places to go where there is little, if any, 'can slaw,' and a notable reduction in screw caps, bottle caps and similar trash.

Site location is the key to how much junk we deal with and the type/conductivity of junk encountered.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: CBAILEY IN GA
Date: November 11, 2016 06:38PM
man that was crazy good area. didn't seem to be much trash at all in your video. my areas are nothing like that. good hunt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login