Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: (New to me) Racer 2 Pro Pack
Posted by: Cousinhap
Date: January 02, 2017 12:37PM
Sataro, congrats on the purchase. Is that a situation where there is leftover warranty? I'm in the market for a Nokta/Makro product and am trying to consider whether second hand might not be the way to go. What's a ballpark price for a package like you described go for?

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: January 02, 2017 12:56PM
Sataro
Calabash, I'm sure you have given the Racer 2 a workout on the depth testing. I understand about the depth on the XP. I was very pleased with the depth that I was getting with it. I'm mostly a coin hunter myself. I like to hunt the old house sites. My question is what type of depths are you getting with the Racer 2? Most of my coins come in the 3-7" range where I hunt. Occasionally I may find some coins in the 8-9" range. I'm curious about what type of depths you have obtained with the Racer 2? Thanks for any info...
Should be great for what your talking about doing.
I was using the 10 x 5 coil
10 inch clad quarter yes
9 1/2 silver dime no
I believe a nickel will be maxed out at 8 or so inchs .
12 inch silver half can get it to hit it with gain jacked.
12 inch silver quarter no
4 inch merc dime surrounded by nails it nails it
4 or 5 inch buffalo surrounded by nails kills it.
5 inch trime hits it
8 inch flat button hits it.
I made a little over statement about depth lacking as these are VERY respectable depths and I was just using my deus as a measuring rod . I have to say this machine is a very competitive machine from what ive seen so far and will have to get some time in the field with it and see how it does. You should kill coins at those depths with it. The nickel is what kind of baffles me I air tested with the stock coil 8 inchs or so is what it hit it in 3 tones and saw scanner guy testing the machine with a stock coil in his garden on a 8 inch nickle and it was struggling with it a little maybe it just doesnt like nickles.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2017 01:02PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: January 02, 2017 01:28PM
calabash digger
I havent been able to get out had the flu so just tinkerd in my test garden with the new racer I got in. First off let me say this the thing seperates very good on targets mixed with iron one of the best ive seen at doing that so it probably will stay in my aresenal with a small coil just for purpose. For general relic hunting it will take a backseast to my deus for one reason DEPTH its lacking depth in 3 tone and thats what I like to hunt in ,so for thick iron I will give it a whirl . We all have our own style notice montys above im different than him in that I like to be able to adjust my machine if I want to. The deus is not a tinkering machine to me as I know what hunting I do and set it up accordingly and its basically a turn on and go machine now, You do have to invest more time up front with the deus to learn it than the mackro. I watched keith southern test the mackro impressive on seperation but he mentioned in two tone a falsing that occurs on iron can anybody chime in on that ?

As far as falsing occurring in 2 tone,,,it can happen,,,,but remember gain setting using 2 tone,,not the same as 3 tone. Meaning you can run too high a gain in 2 tone,,and get some falsing,,,but remember lower gain,,,means less depth.

Gain level 70 in 2 tone,,wearing headphones is about max depth,,,,now you can go to 97-99 gain,,,and you might see a bit more depth,,,,but for practical purposes,,gain settings this high,,,too noisy.

Should also point out,,,higher gain will usually give ID or more accurate ID for deeper targets.

Detector does sound smoother in 3 tone,, vs 2 tone overall.

With small coil in milder dirt,,2 tone will have definite advantages depth wise vs 3 tone any gain setting even 99.

With experience though,,,2 tone and how it rep sonde to nails,,iron and good nonferrous targets,,,will be more second nature to you.

Also,,remember,,,,nonferrous targets that are very challenged by ferrous material,,,,,,running in 3 tone or 2 tone,,,,these " challenged targets" may NOT present exactly textbook sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2017 01:29PM by squirrel1.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: January 02, 2017 02:04PM
calabash digger
Sataro
Calabash, I'm sure you have given the Racer 2 a workout on the depth testing. I understand about the depth on the XP. I was very pleased with the depth that I was getting with it. I'm mostly a coin hunter myself. I like to hunt the old house sites. My question is what type of depths are you getting with the Racer 2? Most of my coins come in the 3-7" range where I hunt. Occasionally I may find some coins in the 8-9" range. I'm curious about what type of depths you have obtained with the Racer 2? Thanks for any info...
Should be great for what your talking about doing.
I was using the 10 x 5 coil
10 inch clad quarter yes
9 1/2 silver dime no
I believe a nickel will be maxed out at 8 or so inchs .
12 inch silver half can get it to hit it with gain jacked.
12 inch silver quarter no
4 inch merc dime surrounded by nails it nails it
4 or 5 inch buffalo surrounded by nails kills it.
5 inch trime hits it
8 inch flat button hits it.
I made a little over statement about depth lacking as these are VERY respectable depths and I was just using my deus as a measuring rod . I have to say this machine is a very competitive machine from what ive seen so far and will have to get some time in the field with it and see how it does. You should kill coins at those depths with it. The nickel is what kind of baffles me I air tested with the stock coil 8 inchs or so is what it hit it in 3 tones and saw scanner guy testing the machine with a stock coil in his garden on a 8 inch nickle and it was struggling with it a little maybe it just doesnt like nickles.

Thanks for the info Calabash. Definitely info I was looking for.

Fisher CZ3D | Makro Racer 2 | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Date: January 02, 2017 03:57PM
Sataro
Sold my XP Deus a couple of weeks back to raise some needed funds. In the meantime I sold a few of my ink pens that I make & decided to purchase another detector. Found a nice deal on a used like new Racer 2 pro pack with 3 coils plus the wireless headphones. Looks like the only coil used was the sniper coil. The other two coils don't look like they have been taken out of the box. Started reading through the manual & ready for a nice day to take it out for a test run!

Sataro, congrats on the purchase. Is that a situation where there is leftover warranty? I'm in the market for a Nokta/Makro product and am trying to consider whether second hand might not be the way to go. What's a ballpark price for a package like you described go for?

Date: January 02, 2017 05:56PM
Cousinhap,
My detector should have about 15 months warranty left on it. I'm the third owner so paper trail to warranty might be an issue. Not sure how Makro tracks this, whether by serial # or receipt from dealer...i got the Racer 2 Pro Pack with 3 coils plus the Racer 2/2.4 Ghz wireless headphones. Paid $600. My hunting buddy "Texan", just bought one on Findmall this afternoon for $575 with 20 months warranty left on it. No wireless headphones with this pkg. The $949 list price on a new one is a suggested list price. You check with dealers, I think they can & will beat the listed price. Good luck on finding you one.

Fisher CZ3D | Makro Racer 2 | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Date: January 02, 2017 06:16PM
Wow- screaming deal. Suddenly the Racer 2 Pro package I spotted on Treasure Net for $700 doesn't seem like such a deal. That's of course without the wireless headphones, which I've read good things about and would like to have.

Date: January 02, 2017 06:46PM
I've used tne wireless headphones that come with the Whites V3i & the headphones (WS5) that came with the XP Deus. Both are excellent headphones. The Racer 2 headphones felt light compared to the other two sets. After using the Racer 2 headphones all afternoon, I really like them. They work great. Lightweight & fit very comfortably on my head. You will definitely want to get a set. I am impressed with the Racer 2.

Posted by: S.TexasKevin
Date: January 02, 2017 07:46PM
Glad to hear the R2 is working out, and nice old horse bit. I will be getting my R2 in a couple days and looking forward to using it and reading all the post I can on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login