Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Disc Mode Tone/ID vs All Metal Tone/ID
Posted by: flysar
Date: January 18, 2017 11:25AM
Under more than a foot of snow so I decided to get the Racer Gold out and do some air testing with various targets.

In Disc 1 or Disc 2 , sens 87, ID filter 16 - I hear a tone 2" or more deeper than the screen target ID.
In All Metal, sens 87, threshold light hum - I got a target ID at approx the same depth as tone resulting in a deeper target ID than Disc 1 or 2.

Is this what you guys are seeing with your Gold, Racer or Racer 2?

Re: Disc Mode Tone/ID vs All Metal Tone/ID
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: January 18, 2017 06:02PM
By Disc 1 & Disc 2 are you referring to Two Tone and Three tone modes? Otherwise I don't know what Disc 1 & Disc 2 are. Are you talking about the Racer 2 or another Notka/Makro product? The Racer & Racer 2 will alert (beep) further away than the VDI will show numbers. If the detector hits a target too deep to get an accurate VDI it will still beep but the display will show dual dash marks. Two tone mode will give VDI numbers deeper than three tone mode. All metal will usually go deeper than the two & Three tone modes.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: January 18, 2017 06:20PM
Tom Slick
By Disc 1 & Disc 2 are you referring to Two Tone and Three tone modes? Otherwise I don't know what Disc 1 & Disc 2 are. Are you talking about the Racer 2 or another Notka/Makro product? The Racer & Racer 2 will alert (beep) further away than the VDI will show numbers. If the detector hits a target too deep to get an accurate VDI it will still beep but the display will show dual dash marks. Two tone mode will give VDI numbers deeper than three tone mode. All metal will usually go deeper than the two & Three tone modes.

I'm using a Gold Racer as noted in my original post. Disc 1 & Disc 2 are both 2 tone. Disc 2 is similar to 2 Tone on the Racers in that it is deeper than Disc 1.
The point of my post is that in All Metal I get a Target ID a couple inches deeper than I get a Target ID when using either Disc 1 or Disc 2 and that didn't make much sense to me.
I understand picking up a target (tone) in All Metal deeper than any Disc mode but I also get the target ID deeper too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 06:21PM by flysar.

Pic of my Air Test ResultsN/T
Date: January 18, 2017 10:09PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Parkologist
Date: January 20, 2017 09:37PM
Yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login