Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Racer standard MD on the way.
Posted by: oleterryg
Date: January 20, 2017 10:05AM
I now have a Makro Racer standard MD on the way. I also ordered the 5"x4.5" water proof coil. It comes with a Makro PP, headphones and a couple of other goodies.
All for $588.00 to my door. I think I did okay on price, but if not, I am okay with it anyhow.

For the last few days I have been watching videos, reading reviews, etc., on the Racer, DeLeon, and T2. I'm tired of searching, so I ended it this morning.

My gut feelings was that the Racer will work better for me on the beach. When I awoke this morning my plans were to order the Tesoro D, but something happened mentally
in the last couple of hours.

Anyways, it is what it is, as of now.

Re: New Racer standard MD on the way.
Posted by: amberjack
Date: January 20, 2017 11:55AM
yeah eventually we have to come to a place where another video or forum post will make our head explode :throw: then we roll the dice, you will do fine with the racer.

AJ

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: January 20, 2017 01:56PM
The Racer is a great dry sand detector and does very well on the wet sand. It's the best VLF Saltwater wet sand detector I've used, and I've used lots of them in my 42 years detecting. I usually run the Racer in Three tone on the beach even though two tone will go a bit deeper. Use your standard 11" coil and run the Gain at about 90 - 95 with the ID Filter at about 41. Scoop everything that gives you a signal. I think you'll be very happy with your decision.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: January 20, 2017 04:44PM
Thank you for the advice. I'll do it.
It's also encouraging, as I wrangled pretty hard wit me decision.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login