Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pairing 2.4MHz headphones to Racer 2
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: April 07, 2017 08:58PM
A friend was KIND enough to loan me his Makro 2.4GHz wireless headphones so I could give them a trial run. Wow, these are sure light. Unfortunately, he didn't have the instructions handy for Pairing the headphones to the Racer 2. I thought I could find instructions online, but seem to have run into a dead end. He did say the headphones are Racer 2 compatible, but not with the new Impact.

The headphones have an ON/OFF slide switch on the bottom edge of one ear cup, a little red light on one ear cup that lights when charging, and a blue light on the other cup that blinks when the switch is slid to the ON position. I found a YouTube video on pairing the original Red Racer; press the pin point button forward and press the DOWN arrow and the detector will go into search and pair mode, but the headphones for that were different than these. No such luck for the Racer 2.

I did browse the Racer 2 Owner's Manual and the Makro's website in the manuals section looking for A Wireless Headphone Owner's Manual and didn't come up with anything.

Any help is appreciated !

Thanks,

Rich -

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Re: Pairing 2.4MHz headphones to Racer 2
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: April 07, 2017 09:54PM
In short: Turn on detector with dongle installed. Turn on Headphones, blue light will blink fast. When pairing is complete, blue light will start blinking slowly and sound will be heard thru headphones. That's about it.

If it still doesn't pair then you have to try other frequencies. I'll try to post those instructions in a bit.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: April 07, 2017 10:07PM
Hope this works

Arizona
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: April 07, 2017 10:11PM
Rich, check your PM's

Arizona
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Pairing 2.4MHz headphones to Racer 2
Date: April 07, 2017 10:20PM
Thanks Tom,

I'll let you know how it goes.

Rich

Date: April 08, 2017 12:11PM
Tom,
Thanks for sending the instructions. I gave the headphones a ffull charge last night. Turning on the detector first was the key. The headphones paired right up after that.

The sound really is excellent, much better than I anticipated and I wasn't able to notice any lag in the audio. My problem is that I have a very big noggin and there isn't enough adjustment to place the ear cups directly over the ear which is too bad as I think I would like to hunt with these full time. And they are lighter than my Jolly Rogers and Jimmy Sierra headphones.

Rich

Tom Slick
In short: Turn on detector with dongle installed. Turn on Headphones, blue light will blink fast. When pairing is complete, blue light will start blinking slowly and sound will be heard thru headphones. That's about it.

If it still doesn't pair then you have to try other frequencies. I'll try to post those instructions in a bit.

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: May 08, 2017 04:08PM
Rich (Utah)
Tom,
Thanks for sending the instructions. I gave the headphones a ffull charge last night. Turning on the detector first was the key. The headphones paired right up after that.

The sound really is excellent, much better than I anticipated and I wasn't able to notice any lag in the audio. My problem is that I have a very big noggin and there isn't enough adjustment to place the ear cups directly over the ear which is too bad as I think I would like to hunt with these full time. And they are lighter than my Jolly Rogers and Jimmy Sierra headphones.

Rich

Tom Slick

I'm really impressed with the Racer2 wireless headphones, audio is on par with higher end wired headphones, and once you go wireless, you'll never want to be tethered to your detector again! I've been using the R2 wireless headphones on my Impact, what a great combo, with the coil wire up the rod, the closed small coil and wireless headphones, you'll never get slowed down with snags again when hunting around brush and what not. Also, even though the headphones aren't the kind to cup your ear, they almost do and for summer hunting it's a lot cooler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login