Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Racer 2 Noisy?
Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: April 27, 2017 08:07PM
Yeah that doesn't look normal.
Ugh now I have to test mine this weekend to ensure it doesn't do this.
I haven't been out with it this year yet, and don't recall it doing this.
Got me worried now.
Dilek will take care of you. I'm sure she is busy so it may take a minute to get back to you but she will.

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: TN Mike
Date: April 27, 2017 09:21PM
The sounds you hear there are a constant on hard low trampled grass. The ball parks I'm hunting have muddy walking paths where people trudge in and out by the hundreds every season, leaving a flattened paths of low scrub grass. I hear that sound along with notching pops and clicks from shallow trash. Mind you its a good bit louder with headphones on.. and what I was doing in the video was on soft and thick 3-5" high grass.. bumping the coil on solid ground was having a stronger effect I think. But I wasn't for sure as there was so much trash. I had to find a good field to make the video in.....I'll pass it on to Makro and see what they say..

Posted by: JFlynn
Date: April 30, 2017 12:20PM
I'm thinking what you might not understand is these machines see so much more in the ground that other machines just plain don't. Keep in mind you're coming from a machine that is silent all the time until it sees something it likes. That machine is leaving a lot behind trust me. The thing you'll have to do is use your ears, and listen for the good sounds. Two+ years ago when I first got a Turkish machine it took a little while then I realized just how much stuff was in the ground that none of my other machines saw.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: May 02, 2017 12:12AM
Thanks for that Tidbit JFlynn, I'm still learning the Racer2 language and it is good to know what is Normal and what isn't. I appreciate the comments all of you make and it helps smooth out the learning curve. :confused:

Rich -

JFlynn
I'm thinking what you might not understand is these machines see so much more in the ground that other machines just plain don't. Keep in mind you're coming from a machine that is silent all the time until it sees something it likes. That machine is leaving a lot behind trust me. The thing you'll have to do is use your ears, and listen for the good sounds. Two+ years ago when I first got a Turkish machine it took a little while then I realized just how much stuff was in the ground that none of my other machines saw.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login