Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Racer & Racer 2 snags a few goodies.
Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: May 22, 2017 04:12PM
Went down to NV. for a bit on Monte's outing. As always the trip was fun, met up with some familiar faces and well as some new folks. This trip was a little tougher than previous outings, had the freak storm come thru and it snowed Wed. night and into Thurs morning. ( The last several days were nice) The weeds have overgrown the better (older) sites but all in all, it still was a fun trip and found a few things.

I took along my Racer w/Sharpshooter coil and the Racer 2 w/Snake coil. In one of the older sites, I did manage to find some areas lacking weeds and the Racer 2 managed to get me an 1856 Seated dime out of all the iron and rusted tin. Also got an intact Henrys bullet, a nice military button, cuff links, one with a Tiger Eye design and other ghost town doodads. Also got an auto tag off of a "Marmon" car. Didn't know they made such a thing, guess they built cars from about 1902 to 1930"s

Looking forward to the next outing.

HH
gregg

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Re: Racer & Racer 2 snags a few goodies.
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: May 22, 2017 04:39PM
Great finds Gregg! I'm hoping to hear from others on the trip also to see how they did. I'll be heading up to the Oregon outing in a couple of weeks. Going to make it a month long Vacation through the North West.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: hooelo
Date: May 22, 2017 07:16PM
There was also a class eight semi truck called a Marmon

Date: May 22, 2017 07:28PM
Hi Tom, look forward to seeing you again on the Oregon outing. Should be a fun little outing and some better weather.

When I get the time I'll have to google "Marmon" and see what all comes up.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: May 23, 2017 12:45PM
Nice digs, congrats on the seated dime!!! I like the assortment of period costume jewelry you found too, it bodes well for finding jewelry made from gold or silver eh?

I need to make one of the WTHO trips!

hh,
Cal

Posted by: Sataro
Date: May 27, 2017 10:14AM
Congrats on the silver & other goodies. Sounds like a fun trip!

Nokta Impact | Whites MXT Pro | Tesoro Vaquero | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Date: May 27, 2017 05:00PM
Thanks Guys, and yes Brian hope to see you on a future outing. After the Oregon outing coming up in a few weeks I don't know where the next outing (s) will be. Wells NV. is out and will no longer be going back there. So if anyone has a idea/place to hold a future outing give Monte a shout.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: May 27, 2017 07:55PM
One of these days I'm hopping a plane to your side of the country for one of your meetups!!!

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Date: May 28, 2017 09:49AM
Well Stoof, you just Keep Calm & Chive right on over here. You really should, the outings are always fun and a chance to find some neat stuff. You still have time to book a flight to Boise Idaho.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Date: May 28, 2017 12:00PM
Lol. I spent alot on a trip to South Carolina in July.
But soon Gregg, soon.

Stefan (Michigan)

Lots of coils

Tools:

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: June 02, 2017 02:16PM
OregonGregg
... Wells NV. is out and will no longer be going back there.....

Played out, weeded out, or should I not ask?

Date: June 02, 2017 02:38PM
Hi Brian, well weeded out for the most part, but we have been in the Wells area for five outings. Time to find different areas/places. For example, the one in Eastern Oregon gives the folks in western Oregon, WA and ID etc a chance to do an outing and not have to drive so far. So you have any spots ( not your top secret ones) in or around your area that might have potential for an outing next year ??

Monte would like to try and find spots in different areas of the US. That way it would give folks a shot at an outing that might be fairly close to them.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Date: June 02, 2017 03:25PM
OregonGregg
Hi Brian, well weeded out for the most part, but we have been in the Wells area for five outings. Time to find different areas/places. For example, the one in Eastern Oregon gives the folks in western Oregon, WA and ID etc a chance to do an outing and not have to drive so far. So you have any spots ( not your top secret ones) in or around your area that might have potential for an outing next year ??

Monte would like to try and find spots in different areas of the US. That way it would give folks a shot at an outing that might be fairly close to them.
Closer to Michigan..... (Nudge nudge):poke:

Stefan (Michigan)

Lots of coils

Tools:

Posted by: tvanwho
Date: June 02, 2017 07:59PM
I got a used Racer 2 with 3 coils over the winter. What settings/coil size do you recommend for trashy sites in black dirt?
I need to get out and use it. I am used to using my MXT, ACE250 machines. Will the Racer 2 be hard to use?

-Tom

Date: June 02, 2017 09:36PM
tvanwho
I got a used Racer 2 with 3 coils over the winter. What settings/coil size do you recommend for trashy sites in black dirt?
I need to get out and use it. I am used to using my MXT, ACE250 machines. Will the Racer 2 be hard to use?

-Tom

Hi Tom, actually the Racer 2 is an easy machine to use, especially once you have your settings saved, it becomes very easy. Turn the machine on, toggle the pinpoint button forward and ground balance and your set to go. You said you have three coils so I'm gonna take a guess that you have the 7 x 11" Stock, 5.5 x 10 and the 5" small coil ?? In extremely trashy areas I would use the 5" coil. The small coil stays on my machine almost all the time. If you are dealing with moderate trashy areas the 5.5 x 10 works great and the stock for open areas, parks etc.

As far as settings, it's kinda a personal preference thing but here are my settings when hunting ghost towns etc ( very trashy sites) with the small coil.

Mode...........................Three Tone
Gain............................85
ID Filter.......................03
Notch.........................NA
Iron Audio..................1 or 2 ( Just barely enough to here the iron)
Tone Break.................10 & 65 ( lowered the high tone to 65 so most Indian Head pennies will be a high tone)
Audio Tone.................User Preference ( I have mine at 10-30-70 )

Anyhow hope this helps a little. Maybe use this as a starting point and tweak it to your likings. In less trashy(moderate) areas then I would op for two tone, larger coil and kick my gain up and leave tone break at 10.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login