Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Racer Arrived
Posted by: Sonnyd
Date: June 14, 2017 12:57PM
So the Red Racer I traded my F75 here, arrived this morning...Thank you Chuck_NC. Brand new, and with an extra RC26 coil. I've watched so many videos, and read so much here, I didn't even read the manual yet, I just put it together and started exploring my Well Hunted Front yard. I Promptly found a Penny that I'm sure I've been over many times. Rang out like a Bell..Wasn't that deep, but surrounded by a bunch of junk... Good Job Racer......

Re: Racer Arrived
Posted by: Kapok
Date: June 14, 2017 01:24PM
I have the Racer 2, but if the original Red is anything like the 2, you're going to have a lot of fun with it. Keep us posted!

Ridding the world of pulltabs, one plug at a time | Makro Racer 2 | Minelab Explorer SE

Date: June 14, 2017 03:09PM
Kapok
I have the Racer 2, but if the original Red is anything like the 2, you're going to have a lot of fun with it. Keep us posted!
Will do

Posted by: Sataro
Date: June 20, 2017 09:42PM
I'm in the same boat as Kapok. I have the Racer 2 & it is a great machine. Will do a great job sifting through the trash. So I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with that Racer...

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: July 03, 2017 07:43PM
Sonnyd, how about another update on your Red Racer. I'm hoping for a good report.
I'm taking delivery on a RR, Wed this week. That's why I want an encouraging update.

I didn't buy it to replace my DeLeon, mainly for beach use. However, if it will simply compete with the DeLeon, then it's going to be one heck of a machine. Anything more will be gravy.

Date: July 04, 2017 08:12PM
oleterryg
Sonnyd, how about another update on your Red Racer. I'm hoping for a good report.
I'm taking delivery on a RR, Wed this week. That's why I want an encouraging update.

I didn't buy it to replace my DeLeon, mainly for beach use. However, if it will simply compete with the DeLeon, then it's going to be one heck of a machine. Anything more will be gravy.

Don't know if you saw my follow up post about finding the Gold ring, about 45 minutes into my first hunt. It's been pretty hot here the last few weeks, so I haven't hunted too much. It seems to really like Nickels too. I hardly ever find a Nickel, but I've found at least a dozen in the few times I've been out. I purchased a NEL Sharp coil for it, and it's Awesome in Trashy areas. I was detecting around a picnic shelter, where I could just about put my pin pointer down in any spot and get a signal. I found lots of Pennies and Dimes in the mix. I'm still learning the signals, I've just about got the bottle caps ruled out, as long as I don't try and hurry. I'm really pleased with the Racer so far. I have to kind of share time with my Nokta Fors Relic, and my Black Vaquero too. I probably haven't got more then 20 hours on the Vaquero or the Relic, so I'm learning them too. I think you will enjoy it a lot. I still haven't used the 11x7" coil, it's still wrapped up. I've been using the 5.5x10 and the 5" NEL.. It's a fun machine, but you really have to like to dig, because it goes DEEP, even with the small NEL

Date: July 04, 2017 08:34PM
Sonny, thank you for the update. Very good. It's hot here too, and the flying pests ate worse.

I mostly use a 5.75 on my Deleon. It just works. I'm sure I'll get one for the RR.
Can't wait to take delivery tomorrow. I hope.

Date: July 05, 2017 01:55PM
oleterryg
Sonny, thank you for the update. Very good. It's hot here too, and the flying pests ate worse.

I mostly use a 5.75 on my Deleon. It just works. I'm sure I'll get one for the RR.
Can't wait to take delivery tomorrow. I hope.

Awesome, I'm sure you will enjoy it.. I wish I had a smaller coil for my Black Vaquero, then the 11x7. I may evntually snag one if I can find a deal....

Date: July 05, 2017 04:50PM
Sonny, it appears I won't take delivery until Friday. Unfortunately, we will be leaving on an out of state trip Friday morning. Will have to get a neighbor to get it out of the weather. Shoot.

Anyways, got a question for you.
I printed a manual on line, but it fails to list the VID numbers of a zink and copper penny. So, if you would be so kind, I would appreciate it.

I'll do air tests for the ID numbers next week. But I'd like to know now.

Thank you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2017 04:53PM by oleterryg.

Date: July 05, 2017 09:30PM
My manual does say either.. But I believe they both fall into that 81-83 range......

Date: July 06, 2017 08:02AM
Thanks!

Terry, the numeric VDI read-outs for the original Racer
Posted by: Monte
Date: July 09, 2017 01:37AM
(with the Red housing) are:

Most Indian Head Cents and many early Wheat-Back/Lincoln Cents from 1909 to about 1920, will read ± '82' VDI.

Better quality, meaning higher conductivity, good-copper Cents, Clad and Silver Dimes will read in the '84' to '86' range.

The last figure is on Page 17, if I recall, in the User Manual. It also suggests a VDI read-out of '56' to '58' for most US 5¢ coins (we call them a Nickel) , and '88' to '92' should cover the range of most US Quarters.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe (Using mainly the 'OOR', 5", 4X7½, 5X9½ open-frame DD's or 7" Concentric coils as needed. Other coils on-hand.)
Tesoro:
Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave (With either a 6" or 7" Concentric coil in use, or maybe 8X11 DD on the Vaquero.)

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Date: July 13, 2017 09:07AM
Hey guys, is this normal?
When I first turn the Red Racer on, lots of chatter, numbers jumping around, until I make some adjustments.
Normal?

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: July 13, 2017 12:11PM
That's normal if you're in or close to a house. The Racer comes pretty hot from the factory. Once you're out in the field it should quiet down. Don't be afraid to lower the gain. The Racer will still get good depth with the gain set as low as 30 -50. Often I run my gain at 10 or lower when hunting shallow or recent fresh drops of coins and jewelry.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: July 13, 2017 12:27PM
Wow. Tom, thanks for the information.
I also like running the sensitivity low on my Deleon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login