Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Naturally we all have our personal 'opinions,' but
Posted by: Monte
Date: July 10, 2017 08:01AM
I will disagree with you on a few things, Matt, since some of your thoughts differ from my 'opinions' from ample field-time, with both the Racer 2 and Impact..

staffydog33
My choice would be Racer 2....AT Pro ain't in same league.....it's a C+ grade wise, IMHO and the Racer 2 is worthy ofan A grade.
I am with you on this one because I found the AT series to be top heavy, I didn't care for the gray scale display background, the numbers are dinky, the AT Pro lacks and All Metal mode, and the AT's do get a C grade or slightly better, but not an A grade like the Racer 2.

staffydog33
Batteries will be going hours upon hours upon HOURS way longer than the Impact.
Yes, the Racer series battery life, and I use alkaline batteries all the time, is longer than the Impact, but I am still getting 12+ hours with my Impacts.

staffydog33
Plus you will go longer, as Racer is lighter.
No agreement here because actual weight isn't all that matters. It is also balance, and having used the Racer series for 2 years before getting my Impact in-hand, I only enjoy the Racer 2 with a small coil mounted. The mid-size coils and standard sizes coils are not as well balanced or as comfortable for day-long or just extended detecting time. My Nokta FORS CoRe and Relic devices balance much better with the mid-size and standard-size search coils.

So does the Impact, and I have used every coil size on the Impact and most on the Racer's and can easily give the nod to better balance and feel to the Impact. The Racer 2 is better than the AT Pro, in my opinion, and is a decent unit for most folks, but the Impact has the edge here.

staffydog33
Stunning big display on Racer 2.
Yes, and the Impact also has a similar-size display. Both of them are very clear and informative.

staffydog33
There is nooooo way I would even consider getting rid of my Racer 2 for a wayyy to complicated, multi-frequency, heavy and battery hogging machine like the Impact.
Complicated? I don't think so, and the Impact has some feature adjustment advantages, such as the longer, 8-second, time-out on the display, and a touch of the Settings or Expert buttons has you immediately back at the last adjustment feature used! I have the Racer 2, two FORS CoRe and two FORS Relic units and find the Impact's the easiest to grab and get into action and still very easily to maneuver through the control settings.

staffydog33
No doubt, it's good, but when you put them side by side and do a big comparison list of pro's & Con's IMHO...Racer 2 wins over the Impact all day long.
Nope, I will again disagree. I do like the Racer 2, but by far prefer the Impact overall.

staffydog33
Oh, and as far as the AT Pro Max thing-a-me-bob....lol....I've owned Ace 250, Euroace, AT Pro, Racer 1 and Racer 2....Trust me, The New AT Max will be blown away by the Racer 2 all day, every day.

Matt.
I think we are closer on this one. Even though the AT MAX isn't out yet to be evaluated, I think it would be a stretch to expect it to match any of the Nokta FORS series, the Impact, or Makro Racer 2.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX-7
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, and chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my accessory coil tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: Choices, choices
Posted by: Old Virginia
Date: July 10, 2017 10:21AM
staffydog33
My choice would be Racer 2....AT Pro ain't in same league.....it's a C+ grade wise, IMHO and the Racer 2 is worthy ofan A grade.,

I've used my racer in black sand, wet sand, dry, coil FULLY submerged under sea water, with zero falsing etc.

Absolutely LOVE it.

There is nooooo way I would even consider getting rid of my Racer 2 for a wayyy to complicated, multi-frequency, heavy and battery hogging machine like the Impact.

No doubt, it's good, but when you put them side by side and do a big comparison list of pro's & Con's IMHO...Racer 2 wins over the Impact all day long.

Oh, and as far as the AT Pro Max thing-a-me-bob....lol....I've owned Ace 250, Euroace, AT Pro, Racer 1 and Racer 2....Trust me, The New AT Max will be blown away by the Racer 2 all day, every day.

Matt.

Thanks!

Date: July 10, 2017 10:22AM
Tom Slick
I set up my Impact with different frequencies for different modes or programs depending on what I want to use that particular program for. I don't find myself jumping around between frequencies while I'm out hunting. Personally, I'll probably seldom use the 5 kHz frequency but time will tell. For the type of hunting you usually do, I think the Racer 2 would be a great choice.

Thanks Tom. Still leaning toward the Racer 2.

Date: July 10, 2017 10:24AM
wpaxt
Old VA.

I have been using a Racer 2 for the past several months and was much more impressed with it than I thought I would be for one main reason: the single menu display. Don't get me wrong, the Racer 2 is very nice VLF detector. But there are a lot of nice VLF machines on the market and in my view that technology is pretty maxed out in terms of performance. What Makro did is rather ingenious in that they made the user interface so easily accessible that it can enhance the performance of the detector. Every setting to adjust or monitor the Racer 2 can be viewed and accessed on one single screen. It was a wonderful change after so many years of stumbling through non-intuitive menus and multiple switches/buttons. Being able to make instant adjustments and change modes on the fly while I was hunting was an advantage I haven't enjoyed in a metal detector before. I found that it resulted in my being able to react to changing environments instantly and enhanced my good finds totals when the day was done.

The detector itself is lightweight with good depth and target separation. When you add the single menu display to that mix you get a detector that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I can't comment on the Garrett or the Impact since I have never operated either machine.

Bill (S. CA)

"stumbling through non-intuitive menus and multiple switches/buttons."

Yes, that's my main issue with the XP Deus. The options are a bit overwhelming and confusing. Thanks for the info.

RGW

Re: Richard, making 'Choices' can often mean we consider 'Trade-Offs.'
Date: July 10, 2017 10:26AM
Monte
And a 'Trade-Off' can be slightly in our favor or work against us. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' metal detector, so I have long felt it was important to own a 'set' or 'team' of detectors that would complement each other since they had their own strengths. Often times there will be a detector that can do some things for us, but not really too much different from what we already own and use, thus we don't really need it. However, if it also has features, functions or performance that is to our advantage, then we might want to consider adding it to our detector battery or 'team.'

Old Virginia
Time for a new tool.
If so, what is it you are looking for in a new-to-you detector? What physical design or features, and for what type of hunting environment?

Old Virginia
I'm having difficulty deciding between the Makro Racer 2, the Nokta Impact (concerned about the weight) and the new Garrett AT Max. I own 2 AT Pros and love them.
Let's start with your current detector set-up. You say you have two AT Pro units so I would guess you have coil assignments like I do, keeping different coils on my two Nokta FORS CoRe models, two FORS Relic units, and each of my two Impacts also have their own coil assignment. I had an AT Pro for a while after they came out, and I have borrowed an AT Gold on a couple of occasions to give it a bit of field time against the detectors I keep and carry in my Regular-Use Detector Team.

For me and the types of detecting I do, mainly Relic Hunting older sites that have very moderate to extremely dense iron target contamination, they could usually work reasonably well with the right size coil mounted, but I personally didn't care for the top-heavy weight and balance for prolonged searches, the smaller-size numeric display, lack of an All Metal mode on the AT Pro, and the headphone and coil connector locations are annoying for me. And, while they worked reasonably well, I still had better field performance from my three Nokta models and Makro Racer 2.

The only advantage I could see in the AT Pro was the fact it is waterproof, and while I will add a waterproof detector to my arsenal this year, I favored the performance of what I had/have over what the Pro and Gold could do for me. The AT MAX is an interesting blend of those models, but it isn't out yet for me to evaluate, and it would still have to have some improved performance and/or features to best my CoRe, Relic, Impact or Racer 2.

As for weight, I am always alert for weight and balance and their effect on my bad back, neck and shoulder. My Racer 2 is quite a performer for me in all of the ferrous challenging ghost towns and other old abandoned human activity sites I enjoy hunting. I prefer to keep the small 'OOR' or round 5" DD coils mounted to my Racer 2 full-time for trashy site work. For more open area searches where I can use a standard 7X11 DD coil, even with the improved physical design of the Racer 2's standard coil (similar to that of the Nokta FORS CoRe or Relic devices), I found both the original Racer and Racer 2 to be less comfortable and more fatiguing than using the standard coils on the FORS series models.

I even compared the mid-size 5½X10 DD coils for these models and, again, I can hunt for much longer periods, comfortably, using my Relic or CoRe than I could the Racer or Racer 2. As I stated, I have two-each of my Nokta favorites, and I keep an 'OOR' mounted full-time to one FORS CoRe and the other CoRe sports the standard 7X11 DD for working a beach, plowed field, sports field or other larger, open, lower-target area.

One FORS Relic wears the round 5" DD and the other has the 5½X10 Concentric coil attached all the time. My two Nokta Impact units also fashion different coils, with my Test Sample doing most work with the small round 5" DD, and the production Impact keeping the new 5X9½ DD open-frame coil ready-to-go. When I travel I have a Nokta back-pack detector bag along as well with all the accessory coils I might use with the, when the need arises.

You mentioned that you were concerned about the weight of the various models, and I can tell you that in my opinion, all of the Nokta and Makro models discussed have a better weight and balance and feel than the Garrett AT series. I also grab my Impact units, either of them with different coils, more often than I do the Racer 2, and part of that reason is because they balance much better for me and I can get in more hunt time before I need to take a break. As stated, this is especially true when I use mid-size to standard or larger-size search coils.

Old Virginia
I also own a Nokta Fors Relic but not all that impressed (yet), but I've only had it out 4 times. Leaning toward the Makro, but could change my mind by tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?
In my opinion, you need to put in more field time with the Relic. Learn it well and get to know it to take advantage of its strengths. Yes, the Impact provides similar frequencies to the other two models I use, 14 kHz to the CoRe at 15 kHz, and 20 kHz to the Relic's 19 kHz. And yes, it also offers us the option of hunting at the lower 5 kHz operating frequency. That I like to use, now and then, but it is not frequently used, by me, for the bulk of my hunting which is spent in dense iron nails and other plentiful ferrous debris.

I get asked, often, if the Impact is better or the Relic or the CoRe as people think they need a new detector. In many cases they still haven't mastered their own current models to know the strengths or weaknesses they have, and I tell them that ANY of these three units can serve all of my hunting needs. The CoRe has for 2½ years and continues to do so, and the Relic has not let me down at all for 1½ years. Joining them, the Impact also works out a lot of the time this year, really being put to use more often as I need the time afield to master what it has to offer. Still, all three models travel with me because all three models work, work well, balance well, and provide me with outstanding performance.

Just work with what you have, master the Nokta Relic, then consider what you might want to have in the way of features before you start shopping for a new-to-you detector. If you are concerned about weight and balance, just follow then better suggestions for effective set-up and don't extend a rod/coil too far out in front of you. The search coil ought to be positioned about 12" to 18" in front of your lead toe when hunting. Keep the search coil sweeps shorter for more efficient coverage and overlapping, and to help prevent faster sweeping that comes about with broad, arching sweeps.

Use that Relic and work it in a slow and methodical coil presentation and get to know it well. It was 105° yesterday here in Vale, Oregon and we're headed into the low triple-digits again today, so I am going to post this and head out-the-door and try to get in an hour of shaded hunting with my CoRe, Relic and Impact. I wish you the best of success on your next foray afield, and I encourage you to spend that time with the Relic. :thumbup:

Monte

Sage advice from a true gentleman and a scholar! I'll probably hang on to the Nokt Fors Relic and give it more time, per your advice. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell the XP Deus though and get the Racer 2 to replace one of my AT Pro's. Thanks again Monte for your time and effort in advising. HH!!

Date: July 10, 2017 10:28AM
staffydog33
My choice would be Racer 2....AT Pro ain't in same league.....it's a C+ grade wise, IMHO and the Racer 2 is worthy ofan A grade.,

I've used my racer in black sand, wet sand, dry, coil FULLY submerged under sea water, with zero falsing etc.

Absolutely LOVE it.

Matt.

Good comments and observations there Matt. Thank you so much. As I stated in some earlier posts, I think I've pretty much settled on the Racer 2 after selling the XP Deus. If I like it as well as you do, I'll sell the extra AT Pro and maybe, eventually, the Nokta, though I'm going to spend some more time with that unit. Thanks again!

Re: Naturally we all have our personal 'opinions,' but
Posted by: staffydog33
Date: July 11, 2017 07:32AM
Monte
I will disagree with you on a few things, Matt, since some of your thoughts differ from my 'opinions' from ample field-time, with both the Racer 2 and Impact..

staffydog33
My choice would be Racer 2....AT Pro ain't in same league.....it's a C+ grade wise, IMHO and the Racer 2 is worthy ofan A grade.
I am with you on this one because I found the AT series to be top heavy, I didn't care for the gray scale display background, the numbers are dinky, the AT Pro lacks and All Metal mode, and the AT's do get a C grade or slightly better, but not an A grade like the Racer 2.

staffydog33
Yes, the Racer series battery life, and I use alkaline batteries all the time, is longer than the Impact, but I am still getting 12+ hours with my Impacts.

staffydog33
No agreement here because actual weight isn't all that matters. It is also balance, and having used the Racer series for 2 years before getting my Impact in-hand, I only enjoy the Racer 2 with a small coil mounted. The mid-size coils and standard sizes coils are not as well balanced or as comfortable for day-long or just extended detecting time. My Nokta FORS CoRe and Relic devices balance much better with the mid-size and standard-size search coils.

So does the Impact, and I have used every coil size on the Impact and most on the Racer's and can easily give the nod to better balance and feel to the Impact. The Racer 2 is better than the AT Pro, in my opinion, and is a decent unit for most folks, but the Impact has the edge here.

staffydog33
Yes, and the Impact also has a similar-size display. Both of them are very clear and informative.

staffydog33
Complicated? I don't think so, and the Impact has some feature adjustment advantages, such as the longer, 8-second, time-out on the display, and a touch of the Settings or Expert buttons has you immediately back at the last adjustment feature used! I have the Racer 2, two FORS CoRe and two FORS Relic units and find the Impact's the easiest to grab and get into action and still very easily to maneuver through the control settings.

staffydog33
Nope, I will again disagree. I do like the Racer 2, but by far prefer the Impact overall.

staffydog33

Matt.
I think we are closer on this one. Even though the AT MAX isn't out yet to be evaluated, I think it would be a stretch to expect it to match any of the Nokta FORS series, the Impact, or Makro Racer 2.

Monte

When I said to complicated, perhaps I should have said to complicated for me, coz I ain't the brightest star in the sky...lol:crazy::cheers:

Matt

Date: July 11, 2017 12:04PM
I've worked a deal on a trade for my XP Deus for the Makro Racer 2 pro package. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'll be headed to the beach down south next month and I hear the Racer 2 does a great job in sand. I'll also have 2 AT Pro's with me - we'll see how the head to head goes and I'll try to report back. Thanks again for all the input. I really appreciate it. Hope you all have a great rest of your summer and find lots of treasure!

http://oldvirginiablog.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: July 11, 2017 12:30PM
I'll add my V nickles worth here (inflation and all)....

I was a die hard F75 LTD/LTD2 user (since 2009) until I got my hands on the original Red Racer when it was first released. I'd never heard of Makro or Nokta until then, and when field reports started to trickle out about the Red Racer on Nasa Tom's site, I was curious about the machine, was it all hype, or the real deal? The Red Racer wasn't an expensive machine, so I decided to pull the trigger on it. I was amazed at what the Red Racer could do....so much so that my F75 has been collecting dust. Then the Racer2 came out, lots of new and useful features, more stable/quite, deep, and again when pitted against my F75, the Makro machine was hands down a superior machine.

I love the Racer2. I live in California and enjoy researching and detecting the oldest sites I can find here (Spanish from the 1700's...that's about as old as they get here), and also have an affinity for detecting Nevada western frontier sites (ghost towns, stage stops, mining towns, etc). I found a few sites with high alkali soils that severely handicapped my Racer2 (and F75). I could still detect them, but I had to throw everything I had at these sites to even begin to be successful. The Impact solved that problem. I was able to switch from 14Khz to 20Khz, problem solved. I've also found that at those EMI infested sites, having the ability to do a major frequency change (versus an incremental frequency shift) solves those issues when they come along. This alone has been a major benefit of the Impact for me, now add in all of the additional modes, and other features, and you have a world class detecting platform.

Time and time again I've tested my Racers and Impact against my F75 LTD2, and they always come out on top (although I must say that the LTD2 upgrade is an improvement, but the ten year old F75 is starting to show its age. Their ability to unmask is uncanny compared to the F75.

hh,
Brian

Posted by: staffydog33
Date: July 11, 2017 12:40PM
Old Virginia
I've worked a deal on a trade for my XP Deus for the Makro Racer 2 pro package. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'll be headed to the beach down south next month and I hear the Racer 2 does a great job in sand. I'll also have 2 AT Pro's with me - we'll see how the head to head goes and I'll try to report back. Thanks again for all the input. I really appreciate it. Hope you all have a great rest of your summer and find lots of treasure!

Tip for yuh...on DRY sand, use 2-tone mode...but only on completely dry sand.

I found I get consistently 2"+ deeper than using beach mode on dry sand.

Any other part of the beach, obviously use beach mode.

I would post links here of my videos showing how well the Racer 2 performs on the beach in dry sand, black sand and with the coil completely submerged, but I don't think posting youtube links are allowed?

Just go to youtube and type in this "makro racer 2 wet sand" (without quotes) and mine is the very first video.

Shows the Racer 2 with ZERO falsing etc and performing 10/10 on wet sand plus under water.

Matt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 12:42PM by staffydog33.

Date: July 11, 2017 12:43PM
staffydog33
Old Virginia

Tip for yuh...on DRY sand, use 2-tone mode...but only on completely dry sand.

I found I get consistently 2"+ deeper than using beach mode on dry sand.

Any other part of the beach, obviously use beach mode.

I would post links here of my videos showing how well the Racer 2 performs on the beach in dry sand, black sand and with the coil completely submerged, but I don't think posting youtube links are allowed?

Just go to youtube and type in this "makro racer 2 wet sand" (without quotes) and mine is the very first video.

Shows the Racer 2 with ZERO falsing etc and performing 10/10 on wet sand plus under water.

Matt.

Thanks Matt. I think you can post as long as you're not promoting a product.

Date: July 11, 2017 12:50PM
Cal_Cobra
I'll add my V nickles worth here (inflation and all)....

I was a die hard F75 LTD/LTD2 user (since 2009) until I got my hands on the original Red Racer when it was first released. I'd never heard of Makro or Nokta until then, and when field reports started to trickle out about the Red Racer on Nasa Tom's site, I was curious about the machine, was it all hype, or the real deal? The Red Racer wasn't an expensive machine, so I decided to pull the trigger on it. I was amazed at what the Red Racer could do....so much so that my F75 has been collecting dust. Then the Racer2 came out, lots of new and useful features, more stable/quite, deep, and again when pitted against my F75, the Makro machine was hands down a superior machine.

I love the Racer2. I live in California and enjoy researching and detecting the oldest sites I can find here (Spanish from the 1700's...that's about as old as they get here), and also have an affinity for detecting Nevada western frontier sites (ghost towns, stage stops, mining towns, etc). I found a few sites with high alkali soils that severely handicapped my Racer2 (and F75). I could still detect them, but I had to throw everything I had at these sites to even begin to be successful. The Impact solved that problem. I was able to switch from 14Khz to 20Khz, problem solved. I've also found that at those EMI infested sites, having the ability to do a major frequency change (versus an incremental frequency shift) solves those issues when they come along. This alone has been a major benefit of the Impact for me, now add in all of the additional modes, and other features, and you have a world class detecting platform.

Time and time again I've tested my Racers and Impact against my F75 LTD2, and they always come out on top (although I must say that the LTD2 upgrade is an improvement, but the ten year old F75 is starting to show its age. Their ability to unmask is uncanny compared to the F75.

hh,
Brian

Brain - that's great info, thank you! I had a Teknetics T2 SE (the F75's twin) and found a lot of great relics with it. If the Racer 2 is that much better, I can't wait to try it on some of my sites that I've pounded with the AT Pro, T2 and the XP Deus. I may still end up with an Impact, but I think the Racer 2 will suit my needs best for now. Thanks again!

Posted by: Sonnyd
Date: July 11, 2017 03:11PM
I agree with Monte, about the Relic. I can't speak of the others. I don't have all that much time with mine, but I get to know it more and more each time out. it's an Incredible Relic machine, even though I'm mostly a coin hunter. I was looking for a Core, but stumbled on to the Relic, when the Core deal fell through. I would still like to have a Core though....It's amazing the difference between hunting in DI2 and DI3. I can't use DI2 in the city areas much, just more Sparky then I like it. I could probably cure that with lowering the volume a little more. In 30+ years of hunting, it's the most Versatile I've ever owned. I was using my AT Pro, almost every time I went out before I got the Relic and the Red Racer. I have not even turned on the AT Pro in the 3 months since I've owned the Relic..I even removed the Batteries.. I traded my Fisher F75SE with DST for the Red Racer, and my other machine is my Tesoro Black Vaquero, when I'm on an "Inquistive" hunt.... LOVE my Nokta and Makro machines....

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: July 11, 2017 06:00PM
Cal -Cobra's experience is a mirror image of mine when it comes to the Racers and the impact, right down to the F75. I still have a few other detectors for special circumstances but between the Racers and the Impact, I was able to eliminate about five other detectors form my arsenal that just weren't getting used anymore.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Sometimes what we see isn't the obvious. :shocked:
Posted by: Monte
Date: July 12, 2017 07:16AM
staffydog33
When I said to complicated, perhaps I should have said to complicated for me, coz I ain't the brightest star in the sky...lol:crazy::cheers:

Matt
Matt, I am sure you wouldn't have much trouble picking up on the simplicity of the new Impact.

Yes, the Racer and Racer 2 seem to be simpler, but I have a couple of friends who also think they are easily confused and that the Impact would be too complicated, so I asked them to check it out. Not read the manual, just grab hold and think it through as I sat in the shade and talked them through the set-up. I told them they could learn more down the road and it would all come naturally, and that the start-up is in 14 kHz, similar to their Racer 2, and I had it set to start up on Di3 with the small coil, like they have their Racer 2's set up.

No problems, really, and after I answered a few questions and had them going for 5-10 minutes, I just stepped away and let them enjoy the 'learning' while they hunted. Looking at the new Impact, with the extra search modes and adjustment options, seemed like it obviously going to b a more complicated detector to use. As they found out, and others as well, what seemed like an obvious learning challenge turned out to be far more simpler than they imagined, with very functional settings that were easily accessed.

As I have stated to customers when I helped out at dealer friend's shops, or when I started dealing in detectors back in '77. or in my detecting seminars since '81, or in any presentation to a group or an easy answer to an individuals questions about what I look for and how I choose detectors I want, there are three categories or qualifiers:

I like 'Simple' and that means a detector that is not complex and confusing, and has adjustment controls that are straight forward in what they are and what they do, and do not require counter adjustments of other control features when you make a change.

I like 'Functional' which simply means a detector lacks excess adjustments or some that have little to no real merit and could be eliminated (to keep things 'Simple'), but does have important or necessary adjustment features that provide adequate operator control for a more versatile detector.

And I can't forget 'Performance' because without that, what's the use in going out to have some fun detecting? I want to have sufficient, versatile performance from any detector I keep in my personal detector battery, and that includes them being able to work in a wide range of hunting environments, with means they will also need to have two or more search coils for them to provide the most efficient results.

My Nokta FORS CoRe units work well for me, in many applications, and they are 'Simple,' Functional' and provide exceptional 'Performance.' The same goes for my Nokta FORS Relic models, my Makro Racer 2 device, and without a hesitation I can assure you it also applies to my two Nokta Impacts.

Maybe a wee bit of extra "learning curve" time needed, but only a wee bit. The Impact is a splendid example of how to provide ample functional and versatility, yet keep everything so simple. Matter-of-fact, I have my foursome ready to load right now (a CoRe, a Relic, an Impact and a Tesoro) as it's 6:13 and I'm hitting post and heading out to beat the heat this morning. I'll be grabbing my Impact first as the site I am headed to produced a worn Standing Liberty Quarter on my last visit working the 5" DD in dense debris.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX-7
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, and chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my accessory coil tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login