Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Makro wireless headphones
Posted by: db-uk
Date: August 07, 2017 10:30AM
I am thinking of getting some wireless headphones for my Racer 2 and of course looking at the Makro headphones, what are peoples opinions of them, what is the response time like, are they comfortable for long periods of use etc.
The other phones I am looking at are the Garrett Z link as they claim to be 6 times faster than Bluetooth plus I do like the round the back of the head style but of course, it's not as neat and tidy as the Makro option.
Cheers

Re: Makro wireless headphones
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: August 08, 2017 02:18AM
I'm VERY happy with my Makro wireless headphones. Comfortable, no lag whatsoever, great audio.

Posted by: Doctorcoinz
Date: August 08, 2017 01:03PM
Light and comfortable , no lag , pretty good audio response , some of the stitching has come away on the top on mine.
I use for 2 hunts before topping up the charge which only takes 2 or 3 hours. I would not hunt without them now.
Far far better than been wired to the machine. The racer 2 phones work on the impact which is what i use them on..

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: August 08, 2017 10:59PM
I like the Makro phones so well I bought two sets. Light weight, run all day on a charge, no lag and fairly inexpensive at $119.00.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: August 08, 2017 11:31PM
Where do you buy them? (for the Racer 2)----The dealers I have checked with said they are out of stock & are on back order.
Tom Slick
I like the Makro phones so well I bought two sets. Light weight, run all day on a charge, no lag and fairly inexpensive at $119.00.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: August 09, 2017 09:41AM
I think they were sold out everywhere. Makro has made a few updates to the headphones and I believe they have just recently began manufacturing them again. The latest version should be hitting the States shortly. My guess is that K***C* will be getting them first.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: August 09, 2017 10:37AM
Thanks Tom.----I want to get a couple pairs of them (one for my wife & one for myself).
Tom Slick
I think they were sold out everywhere. Makro has made a few updates to the headphones and I believe they have just recently began manufacturing them again. The latest version should be hitting the States shortly. My guess is that K***C* will be getting them first.

Good move to get two setsq, Del, since
Posted by: Monte
Date: August 10, 2017 07:40AM
both you and Patsy can put them to use. Like Tom, I also have two pair of headphones. I keep a dongle in my Racer 2 so it's always ready, and I have one set for each of my Impacts and both of the headphones also pair up with the Racer 2. They are very comfortable and light weight, making them a nice pick for this long, hot summer we have been dealing with this year. I also like to use the wireless headphones when working very brushy sites, such as sagebrush-choked ghost towns or working in dense wooded areas such as old logging camp sites.

I still prefer my Killer B 'Hornet' headphones overall, but when it is too hot or too brushy, these clear and clean audio Nokta/Makro wireless headphones are great! No lag time at all. I am sure you'll enjoy them. You should have caught me on an outing and I would have let you check mine out.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Two each of the following: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star Headphones w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg shovel and Digmaster digging tool

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login