Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Weird Racer 2 problem of Farmland permission today
Posted by: staffydog33
Date: August 13, 2017 02:54PM
Basically, on a huge 800 acre farmland permission today and Racer was acting weird on the lighter bits of grass.

Perfectly performing beast in the long lush green grass, but the smallest patches I came across it would false as if it was a good signal.

Defo not a signal there, as I dug about 20 of them...lol.

Any ideas?:rage:

It was a dry day, 2-tone...gain on 70, ID filter on 3 and ground balanced numerous times.

Here's a video of it......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ViBIAErtQ

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ViBIAErtQ

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 03:01PM by staffydog33.

Re: Weird Racer 2 problem of Farmland permission today
Posted by: Kapok
Date: August 13, 2017 03:54PM
Maybe those bare areas bring the coil closer to the ground, so the ground balance was off? Were there any hot rocks or other things in the soil in those patches?

A very strange occurrence for sure.

Ridding the world of pulltabs, one plug at a time | Makro Racer 2 | Minelab Explorer SE

Posted by: jim tn
Date: August 13, 2017 07:29PM
Cow pies, urine spots? HH jim tn

Posted by: Kapok
Date: August 13, 2017 08:33PM
Or maybe fertilizer spills?

Ridding the world of pulltabs, one plug at a time | Makro Racer 2 | Minelab Explorer SE

Posted by: staffydog33
Date: August 14, 2017 01:05PM
Hmmm, probably all of the above...lol.

I was soooo frustrated.

Thanks for replies.

Matt.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: August 16, 2017 06:28PM
Those yellow patches look a lot like chemical fertilizer spills to me... or animal/cattle urine spots as mentioned. Either way, the chemical reaction with the ground underneath might be setting off the detector just by excessive mineral content ? Just for kicks I would try to ground balance on those spots specifically just to see the difference in ground phase numbers between "clean" areas where the grass is lush and those bald patches.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: JFlynn
Date: August 17, 2017 04:48PM
Looks to me like someone has dug holes already and left the junk target, iron in the ground. That's why it's dead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login