Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Racer VID on jewelry
Posted by: oleterryg
Date: September 07, 2017 01:13PM
I was a little tiny bit frustrated with my lack of finding jewelry with my new Red racer. So this past Saturday I dug 5 holes at different depths, and placed 3 silver and 2 gold rings in the holes and covered with dirt. The results gave me the reason why

Fir gold, the numbers that popped up were 75, 76, 77, 78. 43-45 too. Silver always at 84-93.

I recognized really quick that I had been passing up the gold numbers, thinking they were pull tabs and caps.

On a short hunt this morning, I found my first ring with my RR.
A beautiful 10k ladies pinkie ring. Also found another small piece , but not sure it's anything of worth. I think not.

The ring and the probable junk piece rang up hard at 76-77-78.
I was elated . Now I have my work cut out tracing over some ground which I know I have seen these numbers before. Dang it.
If I didn't have such bad hands and legs , I'd dig it all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 01:23PM by oleterryg.

Re: Racer VID on jewelry
Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 07, 2017 04:49PM
Congrats on the ring. I find with gold on just about any detector the numbers can vary so much that it makes it mandatory to dig just about anything past the iron cutoff. You might find a ring, a pendant, etc, that doesn't even come close to the numbers you mention. I've tested 4 gold rings with my CoRe and they give me anything from the high 50's, low 60's (really small ones) to 70 to 82 (large man ring). That's quite a large range to cover unfortunately.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Re: Racer VID on jewelry
Posted by: oleterryg
Date: September 07, 2017 07:24PM
Someone else wrote that he finds gold at 60-61, and 43-45, with a Racer 2.

Mike, I believe you are absolutely correct.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login