Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Makro Racer 2 which coil to buy 5" or 4.5" X 5"
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: September 13, 2017 05:45PM
Del - CORs Fortune and NEL Sharpshooter are the same coil. Same coils built by the same company using two different names for some overseas marketing reason. It doesn't matter which to me. I use either. just depends on who has stock or has the best price including shipping at the time I want to buy. I've bought both brands from U.S.A. dealers.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 13, 2017 08:41PM
Oh, ok--I didn't know that Tom.------I got this Mars Sniper coil for the Core that Gregg was good enough to order for me because I don't do the ebay thing. (old fashioned):wink:-----The Sniper looks to be approx. 1/2" both longer & wider than the Sharpshooter & seems to be a very good "marriage" on the Core.------One thing I really like about both the NEL SS & Snake coils is the fact that the coil "ears" are mounted right in the middle of the coil.----Might be a minor thing to some but I like them center mounted.-----The Sniper coil ears is just back of center but not bad.------You probably know all this.:biggrin:------Are you ready for another of Montes WTHO's?:thumbup:--------Del
Tom Slick
Del - CORs Fortune and NEL Sharpshooter are the same coil. Same coils built by the same company using two different names for some overseas marketing reason. It doesn't matter which to me. I use either. just depends on who has stock or has the best price including shipping at the time I want to buy. I've bought both brands from U.S.A. dealers.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: September 13, 2017 08:46PM
I'd like to hit the same three ghost towns we hit in June but they sure need the weeds to disappear. I always enjoy Monte's hunts.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: semtav
Date: September 14, 2017 11:05AM
My Racer 2 came with a 5" coil. I promptly took it out to my bottle cap test garden. ( an area approx 10x20 that i suspect was an old beer garden). I've literally pounded it to death with my MXT and BH QDII. I was pretty sure I had gotten every available coin out of it and just leave a bunch of caps in ground for future checking of detectors. Found a wheat penny amongst the caps in about 5 minutes. It may not be the best, but it works if you got it.

Posted by: Kapok
Date: September 14, 2017 08:26PM
I really would rather have the new open design of the RC24 coil over the RC26, but am having no luck finding one anywhere. I guess I'll just buy the RC26 since the season is getting short now.

Ridding the world of pulltabs, one plug at a time | Makro Racer 2 | Minelab Explorer SE

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: September 15, 2017 09:58PM
The Shrew coil is one of the best coils made for the Racers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login