Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Bye Bye Racer soon.
Posted by: staffydog33
Date: October 07, 2017 12:43PM
Been using the Racer series ever since they came out...but always said the only time I would ever sell it was if my perfect machine came out.

It would have to be 100% waterproof, wireless, various frequencies....but must have the option to run all frequencies at once....plus be reasonably priced. And light!!!!

Never thought that would happen until now.

The Minelab Equinox 800! ! ! !

Damn...im in love. So very soon it's up for sale for my lovely Makro Racer 2 and hello Mr Equinox.wahhooo.

How much do you reckon I can ask for my Racer 2 standard pack in excellent condition with box and instruction book etc?

Also comes with rain covers.

Matt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 12:44PM by staffydog33.

Re: Bye Bye Racer soon.
Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: October 07, 2017 12:52PM
You will probably regret selling your R2 as I doubt the $900 broomstick aka Equinox will even come close to the unmasking abilities of a Racer(s) Fors Core and Impact and Relic machines can do fitted with a small coil. The Equinox looks to be a decent general purpose machine......but far from being a magic wand do all machine capable of doing it all great.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: Southwind
Date: October 07, 2017 03:41PM
I'm on the same boat staffydog. I've got my AT Pro, a Makro Racer 2 and the E-Trac. Currently I'm not sure why I still have both the AT Pro and the R2 as they both are so close in abilities one could go. The R2 has a slight advantage relic hunting while the AT Pro has a slight advantage in general coin shooting. Neither can compete with the E-Trac. They can get as deep but do not do as good at accurate ID'ing at those depths and the great tonal abilities like the E-Trac/CTX.

I wait in hopes the Equinox will become that one that fits all my needs. From the videos I've seen I'm confident enough to give it a shot when it comes out. It looks fast enough to make a good relic hunter, as long as it doesn't suffer the fluffy field issues, and poor small gold detection the FBS' do, and if it has the deep coin ID accuracy and tonal ability of the E-Trac/CTX it will rock the detector world at $900.

The only thing that bothers me at this point is that so many have requested some video showing the gold abilities and no testers have stepped up to the request. This makes me think it either doesn't do well or they don't give a rats behind about our requests at this time.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 03:45PM by Southwind.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 07, 2017 05:23PM
Don't want to rain on your parade but how can you know the Minelab will be your perfect machine if you have never tried it ? Theoretically, it seems excellent. In practice you might or might not concur. I had a Minelab 705 and was impressed by all the options it had for the price. Though it did certain things very well, I just couldn't stand the tones on it among other things. To me it always sounded like a ghost on acid. It annoyed the heck out of me. I was surprised to see that the Equinox has the same tones (judging by the vids I saw on youtube).

Go ahead and get the Minelab for yourself if you think it's the perfect machine but I wouldn't sell the R2 before living with the Minelab for a couple of months at least. Convincing me that the Equinox is the perfect machine will take a lot of persuasion.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Southwind
Date: October 07, 2017 06:51PM
Oh you ain't raining on my parade so don't fret. LOL

I've been at this more than 40 years. I know what I'm doing believe me.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 06:52PM by Southwind.

Posted by: mossy99
Date: October 08, 2017 10:02AM
Forums really opening up with the new model due out from Minelab-----the Equinox. No genuine tests done yet so my Deus stays with me ! Got alot to prove before I consider selling it ----might not be the best beach machine where depth is a priority but still ranks highly in my book ! Will wait for the experienced reports to start hitting the many forums before my toe goes in the water . Fantastic proposed price level for the Equinox---got to be investigated thoroughly. Mossy 99.:clapping::tongue:

Date: October 08, 2017 10:44AM
I won't be selling the Racer until the Minelab Equinox has been out for at least a couple of months and had some real genuine reviews and tests etc from genuine non biased users.

Matt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 10:45AM by staffydog33.

Posted by: dingdong
Date: October 08, 2017 12:15PM
Will NEVER defect from my MAKRO RACER red..and remember!!!."all that glitters may NOT be good
Also,never forget the tremendous back up you get from the MAKRO/NOKTA organisation.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:46PM
But I want to be able to detect underwater and if on wet sand....not have to worry about the next wave coming in and killing my Racer.

Multi frequency

Completely waterproof

Wireless

Light

If Makro hurry up and finish their current waterproof project...i will stay with them.

To be able to grab a machine like the Equinox and not have to be concerned about rain or sea water and the ability to run loads of frequencies at once or one at a time....damn...what a turn on...lol.

Matt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 12:50PM by staffydog33.

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: October 14, 2017 01:19PM
I hope the "Divorce" will be amicable!

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 14, 2017 02:30PM
I have a Nox 800 on pre-order, BUT I won't be selling my R2 anytime soon, heck no that machine has been the best ROI detector I've ever used in my life!!!

Heck the finds I've dug with the R2 not only paid for the R2, but also my Impact Pro and then some, so it stays :clapping:

-Brian

Posted by: NiagracountyNY
Date: October 14, 2017 02:53PM
Makro is a top notch company with the great support.Wont be long and they will have waterproof units im guessing...They listen to what we want and build it...Good luck with whatever choose..Interested to hear how it goes for you..Keep us updated!

Posted by: Chapy
Date: October 16, 2017 07:14PM
Cal_Cobra
I have a Nox 800 on pre-order, BUT I won't be selling my R2 anytime soon, heck no that machine has been the best ROI detector I've ever used in my life!!!

Heck the finds I've dug with the R2 not only paid for the R2, but also my Impact Pro and then some, so it stays :clapping:

-Brian

I've had the racer 2 now for close to a year. Along with a Nokta Relic and I haven't found hardly anything even worth mentioning with the racer. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?Lol

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 16, 2017 10:23PM
Chapy
Cal_Cobra

-Brian

I've had the racer 2 now for close to a year. Along with a Nokta Relic and I haven't found hardly anything even worth mentioning with the racer. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?Lol

It's location, location, location. We spend a lot of time researching sites to detect, looking for the less obvious, off the beaten path sites, not the hammered to death sites. If the finds aren't there, you can have the best magic stick in the world, and it won't find anything. Not sure what kind of detecting you do, but researching new sites, although a lot of work (I'd say we strike out at 8 out of ten sites) is the best way to make nice finds.

HH,
Brian

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: October 17, 2017 06:16PM
Cal_Cobra
Chapy
Cal_Cobra

-Brian

It's location, location, location. We spend a lot of time researching sites to detect, looking for the less obvious, off the beaten path sites, not the hammered to death sites. If the finds aren't there, you can have the best magic stick in the world, and it won't find anything. Not sure what kind of detecting you do, but researching new sites, although a lot of work (I'd say we strike out at 8 out of ten sites) is the best way to make nice finds.

HH,
Brian

You are 100 percent correct,location.I don’t post a lot here but always read the finds and topics.I have a few machines including a r2...I usto go out to those beat to death places ,find nothing and go home and either sell that machine or just buy what’s new on the block thinking it would find hat wasn’t there...I’m way over all that nonsense,and truth is I think any machine is capable of finding anything within reason,if your machine is made for your desired targets.But those targets hafto be there to find them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login