Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone using a 12.5" NEL or CORS on the Racers?
Posted by: DigFella
Date: October 11, 2017 12:47PM
The perfect coils for my style relic hunting are fairly light 12'-13". I haven't been able to put down the crazy lightweight 13" Detech Coil on my "other machines". I'd much rather be using a faster, more sensitive Racer, but love the 2 more inches ground coverage at same weight. I have the 15" racer coil & it's crazy deep but too heavy for me. So what are any thoughts on these aftermarket coils vs. the 11" stock ones?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Re: Anyone using a 12.5" NEL or CORS on the Racers?
Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: October 11, 2017 03:17PM
Personally I would look for a good used Fors CoRe and put a 13" Mars Discovery coil on it and make it my "big coil" machine. When using the large coils the CoRe balances so much nicer over the Racer series. It would be very similar to putting a large coil on the Red Racer....as far as setting up and same vdi numbers.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: NiagracountyNY
Date: October 11, 2017 10:45PM
I havent tried the Racer ,but have the fors core and cf77...I find both machine very light ,balanced and very fast .Ive only used the stock coils..Im curious about the NEL myself...

Thanks, I forgot about MARS....
Date: October 12, 2017 09:00AM
For Mars coils I like the elliptical style of the TIGER better rather than the fully round "Discovery". The Makro 15" coil is just far too heavy & bigger than I need for my sites (& shoulder;) Dilek please make me a prototype 7x13" DD Coil that's thin like the Detech ultimate & works on all the Racers. I will promote the heck out of it & use it in every new video :)
Bill

Re: Thanks, I forgot about MARS....
Posted by: NiagracountyNY
Date: October 12, 2017 10:44AM
I like the Narrow coils best for relic hunting myself...Rember the Bigfoot for Whites...Something narrow and maybe not so long would work in the woods for me!

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 16, 2017 10:27PM
Although most of my sites require smaller coils, the Detech Ultimate coil is a killer coil. I'd add one to my kit if they made it, just for beach and the 5% of the time I can use it at turf sites.

If Makro Nokta made a similar coil, they'd sell a ton of them, way more then the 15" coil.

hh,
Brian

Agree 100% Brian!
Date: October 17, 2017 09:43AM
I can stop using my detectors with the Ultimate 13" ........but have been dying to use my Red racer again :twodetecting:

Re: Agree 100% Brian!
Posted by: Kapok
Date: October 17, 2017 10:38AM
I found that the larger coils just do not balance well on the Racer 2 and just didn't seem to add that much more depth. But then again I primarily hunt really trashy areas and large coils aren't helpful.

Ridding the world of pulltabs, one plug at a time | Makro Racer 2 | Minelab Explorer SE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login