Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: OBSOLETE MAKRO RACER2 FINDS RARE 1800's KEY DATE U.S. SILVER
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 24, 2017 10:54PM
Tom Slick
Brian,
I have a Wells Fargo porcelain sign that my Brother-in-Law gave me. The son of his friend does some kind of scuba work and was diving off shore in San Francisco when he found a stack of the signs. They think they were pushed out to sea after the 1906 earthquake. The signs have rusted in from the exposed edges but has remained in good shape where protected by the porcelain. Mine now hangs on the side of my storage shed.

That's awesome Tom!! Diving San Francisco, that's just incredible!!! Aside from the fruits and nuts around here, there's a lot of great history, I've seen incredible things found around the bay area. Does your brother-in-lay have any more of those signs he'd part with :)

I have a friend that used to scuba dive the Sacramento River, he used to be a hard core bottle hunter, but he found amazing things lost from the original gold rush era ports that sprung up between San Francisco and Sacramento on the river, I'm sure there's still plenty there for those that have that ability :detecting:

Posted by: coinspader
Date: October 24, 2017 11:27PM
Damn, I just plopped down $500.00 for an R2 pro pack with an additional RC26 coil. I didn't know it was obsolete! :cry:

Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: October 25, 2017 01:11AM
coinspader
Damn, I just plopped down $500.00 for an R2 pro pack with an additional RC26 coil. I didn't know it was obsolete! :cry:

Racer 2 is NOT obsolete... the subject of the thread is referencing a ''claim'' made by competition that their new model will obsolete all single frequency detectors.
Manufacturers cannot decide on what will be obsolete... only the END USERS can...and as long as our valued customers (such as the member who posted this thread) like and use our products, the only thing that will be obsolete are the claims made. Thank you!

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: October 25, 2017 01:35AM
Nokta Detectors
coinspader

Racer 2 is NOT obsolete... the subject of the thread is referencing a ''claim'' made by competition that their new model will obsolete all single frequency detectors.
Manufacturers cannot decide on what will be obsolete... only the END USERS can...and as long as our valued customers (such as the member who posted this thread) like and use our products, the only thing that will be obsolete are the claims made. Thank you!

No, it's not obsolete, my Racer 2 is working just fine, and has paid for itself several times over :clapping:

It was a satirical tongue in cheek statement given the outlandish claim made by a competing detector vendor in their latest marketing campaign :pinnochio

:smile:Re: OBSOLETE MAKRO RACER2 FINDS RARE 1800's KEY DATE U.S. SILVER
Posted by: coinspader
Date: October 25, 2017 01:42AM
Oh don't worry, I love my R2! I was just being sarcastic.Makro detectors in my opinion are a step above everyone else. :smile:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login