Findmall.com

Whites TreasureMaster/TreasurePro Detector Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Let's hear about them already!
Posted by: ronhob
Date: July 24, 2015 04:19PM
I am amazed no one has posted anything on them yet. Someone has to own one!:whites::usaflag:

Re: Let's hear about them already!
Posted by: Mega
Date: July 26, 2015 12:30PM
They do look like a very capable machine and with a very good price as well,only trouble is i own a DFX so cannot see me changing for one of these machines,wont ever part with my DFX.

They will appeal to the person who is just starting out in detecting,the only trouble is this sector is becoming swamped with new machines of late and only a finite amount of newbies joining the hobby,of course Whites must have done plenty of homework and research in this sector prior to release of these new machine,could well be a very big winner for them.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: July 26, 2015 06:54PM
I went to my dealer, he had order two and I wanted to see one but they sold as soon as he got them. I think they would be a nice detector to carry in your car for quit hunts when you get a chance.

Date: July 27, 2015 10:36AM
I here there has been a recall on the first ones out. They will be back even better in a few weeks.

Posted by: bigtruck68
Date: August 05, 2015 09:18PM
these are a big disappointment, i expected alot more machine from whites. the build quailty is good but the proformance is nothing more than a bounty hunter . good for a child or someone just starting out . the machine is chattery and the ID is not even close,

Posted by: Jeff (or)
Date: August 05, 2015 10:14PM
bigtruck68
these are a big disappointment, i expected alot more machine from whites. the build quailty is good but the proformance is nothing more than a bounty hunter . good for a child or someone just starting out . the machine is chattery and the ID is not even close,

How many hours do you have on yours and what king of hunting environments have you used it in?

Date: August 06, 2015 07:17AM
Hi 68, You might have one of the first ones that were recalled. They had a bad ground balance switch . Call Whites and give them the number off it. They will replace it I am sure.

Posted by: chigger
Date: August 20, 2015 04:56AM
I also own a DfX, that I use with a Bigfoot coil. Will my Bigfoot coil will work with the TreasurePro??

Date: August 20, 2015 08:39AM
Hi 68, Did you call Whites ? Did they take care of you ? Let us know. I want one of the Pros when they come out. I am sure they will sent wright. Let US KNOW

Posted by: ChuckVT
Date: August 20, 2015 07:44PM
My TreasureMaster is a pleasure to use and I am very happy with it. In air tests, it nails coins at 9", which is very good for this price range. The large display is easy on old eyes for sure! I have been at this hobby since 1968 and have used dozens of machines from all manufacturers. I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use, and how well it works. I have had a Garrett Ace 250, and I like this machine better. Of course it will not compete with my ATGold, but that is not what is it all about! I keep this machine for its ease of use and for its great for the price performance! It is super easy for me to let new users use this when I take them out to get them acclimated to our wonderful hobby. The Pro will add some nicer features, like the ability to turn off the auto ground tracking and in particular, a lighted display but, honestly, the TreasureMaster is a great machine for the price. I suspect that Bigtruck68 had a defective unit. There is NO way that this is a bad machine. My machine is not chattery if you adjust the sensitivity to suit the area you are hunting, and the ID is very good. I can only deduce a defective unit was in play there.

Whites MX Sport currently, and virtually just about every unit from Garrett, White's, Tesoro, Minelab and Fisher over the years. I could list all the other units I have had over the years, but I don't feel like typing that much!
Hunting silver since 1968!

Posted by: ColonialEraHunter
Date: August 22, 2015 10:25AM
I see they are now listed on the White's site. Looks like 8.2 kHz. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/treasurepro

Date: August 24, 2015 08:53PM
I just look at K --0 and they have the TreasureMaster as 7.8 kHz . I think someone made a boo boo

Posted by: i1jab
Date: September 05, 2015 12:11PM
Greetings
My name Algerio .Torino, Italy, some nodded read all the news again MD, now use only a c-scope csmxi, as good as work on mineralized but is poor in depth, is best EUROACE 350, used mxtro, good md only problems in very mineralized, just change the area for no preoblemi
Now I think cs6mxi sell for pro master, I hope not repent
My email algerio.bergonzo@gmail.com
thanks for reply
Algerio

Posted by: SC Dirt Fisher
Date: September 13, 2015 11:35AM
I plan to buy one for my wife but undecided about which model. Both are claimed to have a "beach" mode but that may be just marketing hype. I don't think a single frequency machine will perform well on beaches when you are detecting in and out of wet salt sand. I hope I'm wrong about that but from experience with other detectors and what I've read, I doubt it.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: September 14, 2015 07:55AM
Fresh water beaches, they should be fine but salt water beaches really needs a multi frequency or pulse detector IMHO.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login