Findmall.com

Whites TreasureMaster/TreasurePro Detector Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
VDI #
Posted by: kd8alg
Date: September 19, 2015 08:14PM
has anyone had any problems with the vdi numbers on the TM not being right with iron the pointer is spot on but the vdi numbers is always 50+ it can be a small nail and it will show 50+ I'm sure this not right. kd8alg

Re: VDI #
Posted by: pescadore
Date: September 19, 2015 08:17PM
Rusty iron will give false signals with almost any detector and I assume thats what you are getting. I always hunt with iron discriminated out and haven't had a problem.

Whites Treasure Pro, Oldest coin 1700's Chinese coin, Oldest US Coins 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter, 1876 CC Seated Liberty Dime,1892 Barber Quarter, Dime and V nickel
www.youtube.com/user.pescadoremetaldetect, www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Date: September 19, 2015 08:29PM
It could be false signals but it will do it with a air test or in the ground 5-6 inches with any size iron small or big on my fisher f2 big iron will show up into the 80's but small iron will be low numbers I guess I just need to get use to the new detector

Posted by: LilMikey
Date: September 19, 2015 09:51PM
I just got mine Thursday so I don't know much about it yet. I air tested a small nail just now and I was getting -51 to -43.

Hope that helps.

Date: September 19, 2015 10:58PM
Thanks for the help I must have been asleep I did not see that minus on the vdi numbers thanks for all the help

Posted by: airscapes
Date: September 20, 2015 11:23AM
Whites VDI number are like a clock with -95 at the 6:31 spot, 0 at the 12:00 spot and +95 a the 5:29 spot Iron is on the left side from -95 > -1 and conductive is +1 > +95
0 is salt.
Hope that is helpful to those new to whites VDI system.

As Pescadore stated, using a non stock coil of a smaller or larger size with shift the VDI number and the depth but I think that was the other thread he said that.
This machine appears to be very much a like a Coinmaster GT reboxed with a nicer screen. The operational frequency, sounds, stability of VDI, accuracy and price seem to be almost identical. Great machine for the money!

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 11:25AM by airscapes.

Date: September 20, 2015 02:55PM
I took it out today and I think I got the vdi numbers down pat now found some clad and a 1985 gold JFK half dollar but it does not seem to ground balance like it should wants to false a lot more then I think it should.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login