Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Farewell to the Safari:sadwalk:
Posted by: budster
Date: September 17, 2017 07:29PM
Sounds like a much better package than the Safari, and for about the same price. Now all I have to do is find $900.00 dollars more in clad and I will be all set for the EQUINOX.

Re: Farewell to the Safari:sadwalk:
Posted by: brissietex
Date: September 18, 2017 04:25AM
Actually, I am kinda looking forward to the Safaris or E-tracs that may come on to the market or on sale because of the Equinox. My Explorer II is about kaput (it is falsing like no tomorrow) and a later model Safari or Etrac will still great on the beach along side of my PI. I can then re-use the coils that are gathering dust which evidently I cannot use with the Equinox.:detecting:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 04:27AM by brissietex.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: September 18, 2017 10:22AM
I'll probably sell my Safari (reluctantly, she's been a good one) if the excitement pans out with real world results. The weight alone makes the Equinox attractive to my older/injured shoulder. Same story if I had an ATP.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: September 21, 2017 01:10PM
NEVER!!!

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Posted by: Happa54
Date: September 21, 2017 08:40PM
I think ML has enough machines on the market now. So when the Equinox comes in, something will be dumped from the bottom of the sales ladder. Could be the Safari. But then, weren't the Explorers big sellers?

My guess..... the X-terra series is doneN/T
Posted by: bugg
Date: September 22, 2017 10:37PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: September 24, 2017 02:47AM
Happa54
I think ML has enough machines on the market now. So when the Equinox comes in, something will be dumped from the bottom of the sales ladder. Could be the Safari. But then, weren't the Explorers big sellers?

With this undoubtedly being the Terra replacement i think that the Terra would go but the prices are a bit different too so maybe they will keep the 305/505 ?
The Safari and ET will carry on but their sales must be quite low now ? Their replacement must be in the pipeline by now. Would not be surprised if they are on early testing by now.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: October 26, 2017 07:01PM
Minelab claims that the new machine will make all other SINGLE frequency detectors obsolete..I wouldn’t dump your multi frequency safari or explorer just yet,you may be downgrading with the nox....I want one also,but my Etrac not going anywhere.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 26, 2017 07:09PM
brissietex
Actually, I am kinda looking forward to the Safaris or E-tracs that may come on to the market or on sale because of the Equinox. My Explorer II is about kaput (it is falsing like no tomorrow) and a later model Safari or Etrac will still great on the beach along side of my PI. I can then re-use the coils that are gathering dust which evidently I cannot use with the Equinox.:detecting:

Good idea here. I think there will be some 'closet cleaning' going on either to fund an Equinox, or if it proves to be a solid detector, by those changing over to the 'new technology' so to speak.

Rich

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login