Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I thought I already owned a multi-frequency Minelab ??????
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: September 19, 2017 12:32PM
sprchng --

Here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgG686ZNwg&app=desktop

This guy, I believe, is the designer, Mark Lawrie...

Start listening to the video at about the 2:40 mark.

He says, when discussing the frequency options, that you have 5, 10, and 15 kHz in the 600 model for single frequencies, and then "a multi-frequency that is associated with "Park," a multi-frequency that is associated with "Field," and a multi-frequency that is associated with "Beach..." And then, just a short while later when still discussing multi-frequency, he says they are all "specially tuned" for different scenarios, which I interpret to be that he is still referring to how the frequencies used in multi-frequency are "specially tuned" for each of those different "modes."

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 12:36PM by sgoss66.

Re: Thanks for sharing that one!N/T
Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 19, 2017 03:27PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

BigTony

Some Fisher/Teknetics machines utilize something they call "V-Break"
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: September 19, 2017 05:20PM
Don't know if it is similar or not.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 19, 2017 05:32PM
sgoss66
sprchng --

Here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgG686ZNwg&app=desktop

This guy, I believe, is the designer, Mark Lawrie...

Start listening to the video at about the 2:40 mark.

He says, when discussing the frequency options, that you have 5, 10, and 15 kHz in the 600 model for single frequencies, and then "a multi-frequency that is associated with "Park," a multi-frequency that is associated with "Field," and a multi-frequency that is associated with "Beach..." And then, just a short while later when still discussing multi-frequency, he says they are all "specially tuned" for different scenarios, which I interpret to be that he is still referring to how the frequencies used in multi-frequency are "specially tuned" for each of those different "modes."

Steve

Yes , I saw that but never heard him mention specific frequencies for specific modes like you mentioned in your earlier post. I thought there might be something different out there.

Posted by: brissietex
Date: September 19, 2017 06:27PM
I expect this page to be updated once MultiIQ gets released or patented:

https://www.minelab.com/knowledge-base/key-technologies

It is interesting to read the definitions of various Minelab technologies and what product lines they are in. I would really love to get ahold of the Equinox manual. The Minelab manuals nowadays seem very thorough and explain the detector's technology rather well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login