Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
equinox forum
Posted by: laplander
Date: September 18, 2017 10:45AM
Welcome everyone to the new Minelab Equinox series detector forum!!
Just a quick intro, I am laplander (Jeff) on Finds Treasure Forum and will be co-moderating with digger (Randy).
We intend to keep this fun and informative.

Digger a question
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 18, 2017 12:23PM
If I recall correctly you were very proficient with the Xterra detectors. Is the Equinox an updated version of the Xterra's ???

Xterra different frequency coils single frequency choices Equinox computer controlled frequency .............. Just curious if this is Minelabs improvement of prior Xterra detectors. Thanks.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: equinox forum
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 18, 2017 01:27PM
glad to see a new sub-forum up for this detector. Lets hope it doesnt go the route that the early CTX forum went.

Re: Digger a question
Posted by: Digger
Date: September 19, 2017 07:37PM
Elton
If I recall correctly you were very proficient with the Xterra detectors. Is the Equinox an updated version of the Xterra's ???
Xterra different frequency coils single frequency choices Equinox computer controlled frequency .............. Just curious if this is Minelabs improvement of prior Xterra detectors. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment regarding the X-TERRA. I am limited as to what I discuss regarding the Equinox at this point. But what I will say is that the technology behind the Equinox is entirely different than VFLEX technology of the X-TERRA series. I also think it would be fair to say that, as Minelab releases more information regarding the Equinox, it should become increasingly clear to serious detectorists that Minelab engineers have not only been listening to their customer base........ but were willing to think way outside of the box on this one. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After 45-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Posted by: silvercoinboy
Date: September 21, 2017 04:00AM
I saw that a dealer in Florida is taking pre release orders for the 800. anyone else seeing other sites?

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 21, 2017 06:58AM
silvercoinboy
I saw that a dealer in Florida is taking pre release orders for the 800. anyone else seeing other sites?

Nothing special about it, any minelab dealer can take a pre-order.

I'm sold digger .............. I want one. ThanksN/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 21, 2017 09:53AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: September 21, 2017 02:40PM
Yes. I just found out yesterday that Kellyco Detectors in Florida is taking preorders now. They don't have the date that they will be getting the detector tho.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 21, 2017 05:10PM
I want one of these detectors because they will have good TDI information. I want to know what's down there before I kill myself digging to China.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 21, 2017 06:11PM
I just put my money where my mouth is. I pre-ordered and am going to be one of the first to get one. Anyone who waits is just kidding themselves or losing out.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

I ain't trying to sell anytihng.......I just try to understand how to best implement their functionality! :detecting::thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Digger
Date: September 22, 2017 07:24AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"
After 45-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Re: I ain't trying to sell anytihng.......I just try to understand how to best implement their functionality! :detecting::thumbup:
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 22, 2017 07:44AM
Digger
n/t

That's why your opinion is trusted Randy...

Posted by: nagant
Date: October 20, 2017 04:34PM
The blurb below this diagram may make some people feel better about the 600...."20 kHz and 40 kHz are not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800. This diagram is representative only. Actual sensitivity levels will depend upon target types and sizes, ground conditions and detector settings."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 04:51PM by nagant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login