Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Waterproof headphones?
Posted by: lespaul
Date: September 19, 2017 04:12AM
What headphones would a person use with the Equinox if fully immersed in water?

Re: Waterproof headphones?
Posted by: goodmore
Date: September 19, 2017 06:46AM
CTX users use G ghost headphones. I personally don't like them because they lack volume. I hope something else gets released.

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: September 19, 2017 06:12PM
goodmore
CTX users use G ghost headphones. I personally don't like them because they lack volume. I hope something else gets released.

I agree the volume is so so ...BUT they have released the GG Amp WITH volume control. Far superior to the original

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 06:13PM by JamesBondaka.

Posted by: Sanderling
Date: September 21, 2017 04:17PM
But are the Grey Ghosts compatible with the Equinox? I have not seen any close ups of the Equinox control box, but it looked like the phone jack was standard 1/4"??

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: September 21, 2017 06:13PM
Sanderling
But are the Grey Ghosts compatible with the Equinox? I have not seen any close ups of the Equinox control box, but it looked like the phone jack was standard 1/4"??

I doubt they will work. Apparently some kind of magnetic hook up

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: treasure_hunter
Date: September 23, 2017 02:03PM
There is a water proof connection on the back for water proof headphone connection.

Posted by: pistolpete
Date: September 23, 2017 02:43PM
treasure_hunter
There is a water proof connection on the back for water proof headphone connection.

Hope it's the same as the CTX connection

Posted by: nagov
Date: September 24, 2017 05:15AM
Pete, it doesn't appear to be the same as the CTX.......another designed connector means more $$$ for Minelab, especially if the connector is not readily available.

Check out the post http://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2397076 which has a close up of the back of the detector and other comments.

Cliff

Walk near it, swing over it and understand what the machine is telling you....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login