Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I would like to see them test a few gold rings in park dirt - how about you?
Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 19, 2017 04:30PM
Minelab folks - show us some gold rings tests in park dirt.

Anyone else want any other tests please list them?

BigTony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 04:31PM by BigTony.

Re: I would like to see them test a few gold rings in park dirt - how about you?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 19, 2017 04:40PM
theyre not going to show us anything like that.

I saw the target separation video test, "which is nice" as Bill Murray said in Caddyshack.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: September 19, 2017 05:14PM
But, with coins lying on the surface, several inches apart, no ferrous targets lying between or around them, it was almost like a sleight of hand move, engineered to excite the emotions of minelab aficionados, and get the juices working.

And it worked, judging by the number of pre-orders for the machine. But that's OK--it happens when any new detector comes out.

I use an Excalibur for water hunting. It's slow, but that works good in the water. I like the idea of the equinox, if for no other reason that it has target ID and gold hunting frequency. But at the same time, I know there are other water machines made by a variety of different manufacturers that do a fine job as well.

Even though some of us might be drooling at the notion of a super detector for less than $1k, the best thing to do now is be patient, read and watch the reviews that will be coming out, and keep asking pertinent questions. Just remember: detectors often have glitches that do not initially get addressed--sometimes it takes a bit of extended field use to get the problems addressed and rectified.

Be patient.

Re: I would like to see them test a few gold rings in park dirt - how about you?
Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 19, 2017 05:27PM
Speak for yourself Greg.
At my age and health , patience is not an option.
You wait , I'll go find stuff:thumbup:

One of the speed tests used a foot long iron next to the coins.....
Posted by: bugg
Date: September 19, 2017 06:28PM
One of the speed tests used a foot long, maybe 1'4" thick semi curved piece of iron they found in the ground, they laid it next to the coins, lengthwise, and the equinox did not miss a beat.
I know it was just one surface test, but I was impressed how it ignored the iron.

Didn't see that one bugg--I stand corrected.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: September 19, 2017 07:12PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login