Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Minelab Equinox 800 revealed/exclusive depth check - YouTube
Posted by: Hastings
Date: September 20, 2017 05:19AM
Re: Minelab Equinox 800 revealed/exclusive depth check - YouTube
Posted by: Stix
Date: September 20, 2017 05:41AM
Well not much to go on but you can see him scroll through all the frequencies. I missed the multi freq setting though ...... I wish they would just say what the multi is and how it differs from FBS/BBS. Air tests and open ground depth checks are worthless. Time to get all the details!! Looks like a nice machine!! Will have to see the real world test and all the details. Just curious how to activate multi mode. Conflicting reports out there. Which is to be expected on new releases.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 20, 2017 07:41AM
They did show an air test on a gold ring and the machine picked it up no problem, i was happy to see that test even though it was in air.
Also they said more videos will be put out on dirt tests, so will see what they give us.
I wonder if you can change the tones? Instead of just getting a beep?
They also said the software is upgradable and that is good if the initial release needs adjustments. I am not certain about future releases because of the CTX folks waiting so long.

BigTony

Posted by: Southwind
Date: September 20, 2017 07:49AM
Was the air test depth good?

I know a lot of people make the claim "you can't tell anything for air tests" but to them I say learn to do it correctly and you'll be singing a different tune.

An example is the FBS's which generally don't do well in air test as far as depth. Of course people say they go plenty deep in the ground which they think makes the air test worthless. No, the FBS doing poorly in air test is just showing the indication they also don't do well in freshly plowed fields. Which they don't. They are killer on good packed ground but poor in the air or in fluffy ground.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 07:51AM by Southwind.

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: September 20, 2017 09:29AM
You could hear the chatter thou they had that detector maxed out I am guessing.
But still a decent air test.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 20, 2017 09:31AM
BigTony
They did show an air test on a gold ring and the machine picked it up no problem, i was happy to see that test even though it was in air.
Also they said more videos will be put out on dirt tests, so will see what they give us.
I wonder if you can change the tones? Instead of just getting a beep?
They also said the software is upgradable and that is good if the initial release needs adjustments. I am not certain about future releases because of the CTX folks waiting so long.

It would sure help if these testers would learn to speak English without such a horrible accent.:smile:
In an earlier video someone mention there are options for 1,2,3,4 or 25 tones plus adjustable tone breaks.
Not as many tones for description as the etrac/CTX but a good number of options nonetheless.
I'm still curious about the range of the VDI. I have seen some negative numbers on the screens but ,,,, how high?

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: September 20, 2017 01:34PM
The encouraging part of the video was the guy talking about how it has very stable ID at depth.

Bryan

Minelab E-Trac
Gold Monster
Amigo II 5.75
Cibola GB Mod
Golden uMax/Sweeper

Posted by: ML
Date: September 20, 2017 06:34PM
Hopefully someone will soon post a video of some real in ground target responses.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: September 20, 2017 06:57PM
I realy didn't see anything but air test, even in the hole it was not cover up. Like you I would like to see some real hunts that get dug out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login