Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Ahhh, gonna play tough, eh ? :ranting: :rofl:
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 27, 2017 06:43PM
Its not the nails that torment the beach PI user, its those damned bobby-pins! I dug dozens for every nail I dug.

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: September 27, 2017 07:38PM
Jason in Enid
Its not the nails that torment the beach PI user, its those damned bobby-pins! I dug dozens for every nail I dug.

Question: Have you noticed if those bobby-pins (or straight nails) give a double beep ? Or some such audio clue where you are tempted to start passing those type-beeps ?

I had this conversation with a very well known southern CA expert pulse user (who has found over 1000 gold rings on So. CA beaches). And he does indeed pass nails with his pulse. And this make me wonder: Wait a minute: If the claim-to-fame is the ability to find dangly chains, then HOW DOES THE GUY KNOW if the "nails" he's passing , might not be an elongated chain of some sort ? Seems that you'd have to dig the nails too "just to be sure".

Posted by: NCtoad
Date: September 27, 2017 07:51PM
Tom_in_CA
Jason in Enid

Question: Have you noticed if those bobby-pins (or straight nails) give a double beep ? Or some such audio clue where you are tempted to start passing those type-beeps ?

I had this conversation with a very well known southern CA expert pulse user (who has found over 1000 gold rings on So. CA beaches). And he does indeed pass nails with his pulse. And this make me wonder: Wait a minute: If the claim-to-fame is the ability to find dangly chains, then HOW DOES THE GUY KNOW if the "nails" he's passing , might not be an elongated chain of some sort ? Seems that you'd have to dig the nails too "just to be sure".
You just answered your own question...he dug over 1000 RINGS...not chains:lol:

Date: September 27, 2017 08:24PM
Tom_in_CA
Jason in Enid

Yes, they always gave a double beep but I could never resist digging for the chance it was 2 targets side-by-side.

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: September 27, 2017 08:39PM
Jason in Enid
.... Yes, they always gave a double beep but I could never resist digging for the chance it was 2 targets side-by-side.

Ahhh, this is the classic story I've heard. I talk to the pulse guys who say they've learned the sound of nails . Yet ... you notice that nagging doubts have them always digging a bunch .... "just to be sure". Doh!

Date: September 28, 2017 06:55AM
Yeah, thats why I only used it a few years before switching to a BBS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login