Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Weight of the EQUINOX
Posted by: Waterdog
Date: October 01, 2017 09:39AM
I wanted to see if anyone knew the weight of the new EQUINOX. I knw some of the companies are going lighter weight and I was wondering if the EQUINOX is going to be one of those?

Re: Weight of the EQUINOX
Posted by: Fire Fighter 43
Date: October 01, 2017 10:08AM
It is 2 pounds 3.5 ounces

2017 silver coin count 17

CTX 3030 17", 11", 6" & Coiltek 5X10 coils
XP Deus 9", 9"HF & 11" coils
Sun Ray Pro Gold, Deus WS5, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett AT Pro & XP Mi6 pointers, Lesch Tool, Stealth 08 water scoop
Milspec belt and pouches
Previous machines since 1977 F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI S2, 6DB, Alaskan TR4B, Beachcomber

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 01, 2017 10:08AM
3 ounces more than the Deus which is to say the Equinox is light weight, my Deus weighs 2.24 pounds with the 11 inch coil. My old Explorer Se Pro with the X1 probe weighs 4.75 pounds in comparison.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 02, 2017 10:13AM
Charles (Upstate NY)
3 ounces more than the Deus which is to say the Equinox is light weight, my Deus weighs 2.24 pounds with the 11 inch coil. ....

correct my math but isn't 2.24# = 2 pounds 3.84 ounces? which would make the Eq the (very slightly) lighter machine.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 10:15AM by Champ Ferguson.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 02, 2017 12:31PM
Champ Ferguson
Charles (Upstate NY)
3 ounces more than the Deus which is to say the Equinox is light weight, my Deus weighs 2.24 pounds with the 11 inch coil. ....

correct my math but isn't 2.24# = 2 pounds 3.84 ounces? which would make the Eq the (very slightly) lighter machine.

I have the somewhat heavier 11 inch coil on my Deus vs the Deus 9 inch coil which is what Deus advertise weight wise.

Posted by: Waterdog
Date: October 02, 2017 01:55PM
It just seems as we get older we like things a little lighter

Posted by: Rick73
Date: October 02, 2017 04:56PM
I bought a Deus this spring. Sold my Etrac and kept my CTX & Deus. I said a dream come true would be a Minelab with the weight of the Deus. It looks like that dream may come true.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 04, 2017 04:20PM
Charles (Upstate NY)
Champ Ferguson
Charles (Upstate NY)

I have the somewhat heavier 11 inch coil on my Deus vs the Deus 9 inch coil which is what Deus advertise weight wise.

Ah, now I see. To me, with either coil, its a tossup0 I doubt most folks could tell the diff. Most likely the balance will end up being the deciding factor in that debate.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: woody
Date: October 04, 2017 08:47PM
ML got heavy for old guys a long time ago except for 1 or 2 machines. I had to quit buying them. Maybe the game changes now.

Posted by: surf n turf
Date: October 04, 2017 09:24PM
Woodys right, I swung my Safari on Daytona Beach last week and this old mans arm got very sore. Looking forward to see what the Equinox will do on wet sand.
Dale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login