Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I shipped my CTX there last Tuesday, got there on Thursday, mine is being shipped back to me today.
Posted by: ML
Date: October 03, 2017 01:10PM
Dan(NM)
Not only that they were in contact with me during the whole process so I knew what was going on. I would say that is outstanding customer service.

That is real good news. What exactly did they repair on your CTX?

Re: I shipped my CTX there last Tuesday, got there on Thursday, mine is being shipped back to me today.
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 03, 2017 01:35PM
ML
Dan(NM)
Not only that they were in contact with me during the whole process so I knew what was going on. I would say that is outstanding customer service.
Up
That is real good news. What exactly did they repair on your CTX?
. They replaced the faceplate / touchpad

Re: kellyco nolonger service minelab detectors?
Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 03, 2017 04:44PM
With Stu's sad passing, I wonder what else will change now at KellyCo?

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

If only minelab service could keep up with Whites, Garrett Ect.N/T
Posted by: Waterdog
Date: October 03, 2017 05:07PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 03, 2017 05:11PM
Hopefully it was minelabs idea to change for the better not kellyco's...

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 03, 2017 08:28PM
Dan(NM)

Agreed Dan. It's easy to pick at this and that and find fault but that's how people tend to be. The thousands of GOOD transactions go without fanfare or parades being thrown, but the bad ones are accentuated. Same way with the news outlets...it's how we have become. Glad to hear you're back in business very soon!

Minelab Service -
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 03, 2017 09:35PM
I am glad that Minelab is working on improving their service center here in the US. I have two Minelabs that are still under the factory warranty, an E-trac and Sov GT. A stellar service center makes both of them more valuable to me.

Rich (Utah)

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 04, 2017 02:09AM
I just wanted to join Dan in applauding the new Minelab repair center in PA. My out-of-warranty Explorer went on the fritz, and I contacted Minelab via email. As I mentioned in another thread on the forum, they responded promptly, got me an RMA number, and were even willing to "expedite" my repair and have it done and back to me within 5 days, if I was interested in overnighting the unit to them. FedEx overnight charges prohibited me from choosing that route, but still, I found that impressive. Instead, I sent it regular FedEx, and will wait to see how quickly -- and reasonably priced -- the repair will be. But so far, this has been a seamless, well-communicated, professional job on the part of Minelab. If I receive the same service from them that I have from First Texas and Garrett in the past (both very good), then I will be pleased -- as this is great for ALL of us.

Steve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Fisher F19
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 02:10AM by sgoss66.

That REALLY worries me.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 05, 2017 11:19AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: That REALLY worries me.
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 05, 2017 11:27AM
what worries you Greg? Worried that you will have REAL communication throughout a repair? Worried that it wont take month to get a repair done? Worried that minelab finally faced the reality that KC wasnt upholding their end of the bargain?

Date: October 05, 2017 11:49AM
OK, an update.

I am impressed. FedEx tracking shows that my machine arrived at Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA at 11:21 AM EDT. At 12:07 PM EDT, I got a text message from Detector Center saying that they have my machine, gave me a ticket number, and said I will get updates "as they happen." I also received an email at 12:07 PM EDT. In this email, they outlined/summarized what I wrote in the letter as being the problem I am having with the machine (to let me know that they understand the problem they are looking to troubleshoot). They said they will provide me an update as soon as they have diagnosed the issue, and to contact them if I have any questions.

Wow. Thus far, this exceeds my expectations...

Steve

Garrett ProPointer AT

Norman, OK

Date: October 05, 2017 12:06PM
Update two -- sent them an email, asking them to call me because I had something I wanted to mention to the repair tech.

They called me within 45 minutes of me sending the email, with the machine already taken apart and in the hands of a Minelab technician on the bench; they are going to let me know when they have diagnosed the problem.

Not sure how I could have asked for anything more thus far...

Steve

Garrett ProPointer AT

Norman, OK

Date: October 05, 2017 01:18PM
Final update...2:05 PM EDT, got another call from Detector Center. Detector is finished. They are shipping it back out this afternoon via FedEx. Problem was with one of the coil wires inside the control box housing; it was rubbing on something on the PCB, either a small soldered-on component, or else a "sharp edge" of the solder joint itself. In any case, they fixed the wire issue and bench tested -- no more overload signal, all is working properly. They charged me only a labor charge ($37.50), plus return shipping cost -- total out of my pocket (a non-warranty repair), $60.

Very, very impressive.

Steve

Garrett ProPointer AT

Norman, OK

Posted by: ML
Date: October 05, 2017 03:20PM
sgoss66
Final update...2:05 PM EDT, got another call from Detector Center. Detector is finished. They are shipping it back out this afternoon via FedEx. Problem was with one of the coil wires inside the control box housing; it was rubbing on something on the PCB, either a small soldered-on component, or else a "sharp edge" of the solder joint itself. In any case, they fixed the wire issue and bench tested -- no more overload signal, all is working properly. They charged me only a labor charge ($37.50), plus return shipping cost -- total out of my pocket (a non-warranty repair), $60.

Very, very impressive.

Steve

That's the type of support news that we all want to hear. Three thumbs up!!!

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 05, 2017 04:37PM
Thanks for posting!
Always good to hear of good customer service.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login