Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 04, 2017 07:34PM
GazinUK
Bryan V
Here's another one... DEEP! And Fast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtAPuVCjP4

Bryan

True, but all done whilst in "multi frequency"

no, he changed and scanned the mulit-coin bed and all depth of the test coins in all single and multiple freqs.

Re: Foreign Testers
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 04, 2017 07:39PM
sgoss66
13 1/2" on that coin?! In the dirt, not airtest?

And it hits it SOLID and EVERY SWEEP, and with stable ID numbers?

OH boy...

Steve

yeah! If it was an honest test and not something done with editing or slight of hand, then that was DAMNED impressive. If it trully gets that deep in normal soil on copper and silver coins, we aren't going to wonder if we are getting "deep enough" any more.

I was impressed that he showed all settings and tested in multiple configurations. I liked that the detector has user-selectable recovery speed. It really helps to turn on subtitles but a tad distracting trying read / interpret while also watching

Re: Foreign Testers
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 05, 2017 01:20AM
Jason in Enid
sgoss66
13 1/2" on that coin?! In the dirt, not airtest?

And it hits it SOLID and EVERY SWEEP, and with stable ID numbers?

OH boy...

Steve

yeah! If it was an honest test and not something done with editing or slight of hand, then that was DAMNED impressive. If it trully gets that deep in normal soil on copper and silver coins, we aren't going to wonder if we are getting "deep enough" any more.

I was impressed that he showed all settings and tested in multiple configurations. I liked that the detector has user-selectable recovery speed. It really helps to turn on subtitles but a tad distracting trying read / interpret while also watching

Agreed, Jason. I keep telling myself this machine CAN'T be what is being claimed, especially not at that price point. I am generally quite skeptical of advertising and grandiose claims, but every piece of "evidence" I have seen so far -- albeit limited, and uncertain to some degree -- regarding this machine has only confirmed, in my mind, what Minelab has claimed. And that is, that this will be a "game-changing" type of machine. Still not buying that, but...wow.

Like you said, if this machine really, actually bangs on a 13.5" silver or copper coin, in the field, real-world scenario...and in disc. mode, with good/stable ID, I don't know. I am having a hard time believing that is even possible... :surrender:

I will remain skeptical, or -- at least -- no more than cautiously optimistic, that this machine might be a "poor-man's" Explorer/Deus combination (depending upon which mode you select, single- or multi-)

But I am open-minded enough to be pleasantly surprised, if it turns out that the machine requires that...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login