Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Another Equinox depth test video in Russian
Posted by: Hastings
Date: October 06, 2017 07:59AM
Re: Another Equinox depth test video in Russian
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 06, 2017 08:11AM
Very interesting, independent sensitivity settings for the discrimination and pinpoint modes.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 06, 2017 08:42AM
Very interesting indeed...and roughly 16" on the medium-sized coin, roughly 11" on the smaller one, if I am not mistaken -- with pretty good/stable ID?

I continue to be impressed.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

These Are Great Posts But...
Posted by: wpaxt
Date: October 06, 2017 09:46AM
Meaning no offense to our Russian colleagues, but where are the English speaking testers? There are some heavy hitters that Minelab name dropped at the unveiling and we are not hearing from any of them.

Not that it really matters at this point anyway, since the detectors obviously aren't locked and going into production yet. Just a curiosity that the Russian market seems be the recipient of a lot of Minelab's attention.

Date: October 06, 2017 10:37AM
I have talked to a few testers, wpaxt, and they can't say much, even in private; they are all bound by pretty strict NDA agreements. So that's why we aren't hearing anything from English-speaking testers, I think.

That still leaves the question, though, as to why we have these videos in other languages with in-ground testing and results being video-taped and released on YouTube. Maybe the NDAs are different in eastern Europe than in North America? No idea why they would be, but...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Date: October 06, 2017 10:45AM
One other option, and I have no evidence of this whatsoever, other than the fact that there seem to be several videos from eastern Europe...

Just speculating, but is it POSSIBLE that Minelab released an "early version" of the Equinox for sale already, in the eastern European market, allowing for time to "work out any bugs that crop up" from the first eastern European purchasers/users, before releasing them for sale in western Europe/North America at the end of this year/beginning of next?

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: wpaxt
Date: October 06, 2017 12:12PM
I have worked with many detecting companies over the years and they all require NDA's. That's what make these Russian videos on curious.

That makes sense, Steve.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 07, 2017 12:05PM
So far, we've seen vids of the machine in France, England, and Russia. Matter of fact, I haven't heard of anyone in the states even having one, let alone testing it.

Where testing purposes are concerned, perhaps there's no reason to send a machine to the US. The only soil issue is mineralization; Europe probably has plenty of that. Salt and fresh water testing can be done over there, and as far as non-ferrous target separation from ferrous targets, where better to test the machine than England, Russia, or some European country with 3000+ years of metal in the ground?

If that's the case, we might not even see a US based video on the machine until they are actually released to the public.

Re: That makes sense, Steve.
Posted by: Bryan V
Date: October 07, 2017 12:15PM
Greg (E.Tn)
So far, we've seen vids of the machine in France, England, and Russia. Matter of fact, I haven't heard of anyone in the states even having one, let alone testing it.

Where testing purposes are concerned, perhaps there's no reason to send a machine to the US. The only soil issue is mineralization; Europe probably has plenty of that. Salt and fresh water testing can be done over there, and as far as non-ferrous target separation from ferrous targets, where better to test the machine than England, Russia, or some European country with 3000+ years of metal in the ground?

If that's the case, we might not even see a US based video on the machine until they are actually released to the public.

Dr. tones has one in southern Idaho.

Minelab E-Trac
Gold Monster
Amigo II 5.75
Cibola GB Mod
Golden uMax/Sweeper

Hmm.N/T
Date: October 07, 2017 02:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: That makes sense, Steve.
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 07, 2017 04:36PM
Bryan V
Greg (E.Tn)

Dr. tones has one in southern Idaho.

And TreasureHunter (both here and a mod on TNET) has put his hands on one, so they are here in the states.

And we are all breathlessly waiting for their review.N/T
Date: October 07, 2017 07:29PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login