Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Let's hype the Fight before it is time to get it on!
Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: October 06, 2017 10:58AM
Man the Manufactures got it right. Cheaper to fly someone to England because of youtube subscriber numbers to hype the detector. I will only know how good it is when I test it at a local dealer. Been doing that since 69! But the Internet is killing off the local shops! I field tested a few detectors in my day. They worked the way they were suppose to before being released to the public! Very few problems were encountered. Usually a bad coil! I know I'm bitter and angry and RIGHT!:cheekkiss:

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Re: Let's hype the Fight before it is time to get it on!
Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 06, 2017 12:55PM
/rant

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 06, 2017 01:58PM
so in other words, youre just jealous that it wasnt YOU who got to test the new detector. :rolleyes:

Posted by: dbado1
Date: October 06, 2017 02:07PM
You gotta roll with the times, George! Like it or not....That's the way it is now.

Dean

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: October 06, 2017 02:19PM
Not at all!

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: October 06, 2017 03:07PM
Have been in local Relic Hunting here in V.A.since age 8 over 40+plus years hunting. I personal know George has used more machine and can same tell the truth about if machine good, avg or worthless and know more Tech stuff then most Mfg, designer! George is right, talk in cheap and cant watch I short Y-Tube Vid to see in long term is better ect. Chuck

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 06, 2017 03:23PM
"Right side of the grass"...:lol: Keep on keepin' on my man!

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 06, 2017 04:09PM
2.4 billion views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM and will get me tossed out of here but who cares cause I just shake it off :bouncy: Taylor and I are just fine :lmfao: my point is perspective who cares about a few thousand view minelab videos not me rather watch this all day loooong..

AJ

Posted by: sprchng
Date: October 06, 2017 04:15PM
woodchiphustler
Man the Manufactures got it right. Cheaper to fly someone to England because of youtube subscriber numbers to hype the detector. I will only know how good it is when I test it at a local dealer. Been doing that since 69! But the Internet is killing off the local shops! I field tested a few detectors in my day. They worked the way they were suppose to before being released to the public! Very few problems were encountered. Usually a bad coil! I know I'm bitter and angry and RIGHT!:cheekkiss:

Internet is not only killing off the local shops , it's also rapidly killing off the places to hunt as the videos attract more and more to the hobby who detect with their heads up their A$$.

Posted by: Elton
Date: October 06, 2017 06:54PM
George:
Have you looked at the other side of things. Perhaps the internet has allowed the manufactures to sell more product and remain in business.
I know it has helped the distributors and dealers for certain, and therefore the manufacturers with detector orders...This internet forum ( Finds Treasure Forums ) has enabled the dealers to sell many, many products.........

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 06:58PM by Elton.

Posted by: "Dr.Tones"
Date: October 06, 2017 07:37PM
Does anyone else see the irony? Complaining about the Internet ON THE INTERNET :shrug: The internet has only killed off local shops that refused to change with the times. The ones that embraced it to reach outside of their usual realms while maintaining their local customers are doing better than ever. Kinda like when the rail came through and put out all the businesses along the stage. I think if it weren't for the internet, this hobby would be reduced to a handful of users supporting one or two manufacturers. Machines would be more or less the same and wouldn't evolve beyond what they've been in the past. The fact of the matter is that more minutes of media were watched (and uploaded) on mobile devices last year than on network television and for the first time in history, in 2016 more advertising money was spent on YouTube than on all major television networks combined. My point is, it's not changing. It's far more effective for manufacturers to reach their (in this case very specific) demographic online than it would be otherwise. It only makes sense for them to seek opportunities to promote their products via online influencers. Not saying I'm on online influencer. There are far bigger fish in that sea than I. I for one would also prefer to watch Taylor Swift ;)

"X never, ever, marks the spot"
CTX 3030, pro find 25, Sampson "T" handle, Lesche trowel
Oldest US coin: 1693 William and Mary Half Penny

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 06, 2017 07:59PM
Well put...

Posted by: cobill
Date: October 06, 2017 08:00PM
Thanks goodness for the Internet and You-tube...don't know how I would have ever learned all the possible programs and features of today's technologically advanced detectors without it. The Etrac and newer ML detectors are extremely complicated and the manuals don't tell you very much. Andy's ML books have been great for newbies. I know a few dealers in AZ and ID that would have never, ever received my business without the Internet...I live in a flyover state!:detecting:

Bill
Laporte, CO

Posted by: keppy
Date: October 06, 2017 08:48PM
sprchng
woodchiphustler

Internet is not only killing off the local shops , it's also rapidly killing off the places to hunt as the videos attract more and more to the hobby who detect with their heads up their A$$.
Wow that sure is the truth..The same thing i say all the time..

North East ohio on lake Erie

All we can do is view the various videos, make our own assessments, and wait.....
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 06, 2017 08:53PM
Wait for the US testers to get their hands on the machines and share their findings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login